Here's a list of ten things that make me happy in February and that keep me going through a long and rather dreary month. This list is inspired by Montessori Mama, who was in turn inspired by SouleMama. Thanks to both of you wonderful Mamas!
1. The first of my bulbs, little iris danfordiae, flowering and bringing bright yellow happiness to our corner of the world.
2. Cuddling with my munchkin first thing in the morning before any of us are fully awake.
3. New art supplies, especially fresh tubes of watercolor paints and new pads of paper.
4. A list of new art projects to try. I love lists! (in case you hadn't noticed) Just about any kind of list will do it for me, really. Even a list of cleaning projects around the house, although I dislike cleaning. I make lists for the day, for the week, for the year. I make lists of recipes to try, lists of things I'd like to do, and many, many lists of books I'd like to read.
6. Chocolate. This one will be on my list of ten (or even my list of one) every month of the year. Guaranteed. Especially milk chocolate, and sometimes paired with caramel. Mmm…
7. Getting out my sewing machine for the first time in a long, long
while and covering a stain on one of Maia's favorite shirts with a
heart and also sewing a fabric transfer drawing onto another shirt.
8. Exploring the western North Carolina mountains with my little family. We drove up to Hot Springs earlier this month and walked around and found a playground with a merry-go-round and a four-way seesaw. I didn't even know they still HAD playgrounds with merry-go-rounds! Of course we all had to try it. And the seesaw.
9. Friends who give hugs and bring apple bread when I'm having a bad week. Thank you!
10. And last, but not least, homemade cherry pie.