Mixing Stencils and Applique

Okay, so I'm still obsessing about stencils and about my new etsy shop. We're leaving soon for a long-planned family beach trip, so I should really be packing and doing laundry and such stuff, but instead I'm stenciling and sewing. And getting excited about mixing stencils and appliques. I really like these new stencils on top of pretty quilt fabrics which I just added to my etsy shop. I may explore this idea for a while… For those of you who asked for boy shirts, I'll add more soon! Any other requests or ideas?

And now I really must get ready for the trip. I'm not sure yet if I'll have internet access while I'm gone–if so it might be sporadic.

Have a great weekend and week!

Â

Comments

1. tracy says

Boy shirts would be FABULOUS!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS on your new ETSY venture ans best of luck:)

the nest on the fabric is awesome! wish i had a little girl who could wear it! I’m going to try this technique for teachers’ gifts…an apple design…what do you think?
    Have a great week at the beach. I’m jealous.

3. Rachel says

LOVE the tractor boys’ shirt, so fun!!! love the sewing/stenciling mixture. have a great trip!
    julie– all my teacher friends are so tired of apples, fyi. ;)

maybe I’ll make a pear, then, just to be different, (or a strawberry)! Thanks for the head’s up…i just figured a t-shirt with a hand-made design would be unique no matter what (not a mug, magnet, candle, hand cream, soap, or starbuck’s gift-card….)

Love, love your stencil shirts! Have a nice weekend. And if you ever head to our area of the beach, please stop by for some tea.

Oh, I’m loving that dump truck shirt! My girl would love it, but sadly it’s not in her size. If you ever make one in a 5T I might have to snatch it up!

7. the milliner says

Love, love, love the girls dump truck shirt! Floral print dump trucks – great combo!! Makes me wish I was having a little girl…

8. andreamcmann says

How cool! I love all of them! ;)
    Have a nice week. We’re going on “vacation” next week. Couldn’t afford to go anywhere on our own, so we’re going to go visit family. Free room board, and we get to see the kids’ great-grandparents.

Thanks for all your comments! And I’m glad you like my shirts. I’m looking forward to playing around with stencils and applique some more when we get back from the beach! -Jean

10. lazytoadfarm says

I just love the little girls shirt with the truck! It is great. It reminds me of when I was a child… playing in the sandbox with the trucks and family friends (all boys), me with my little pigtails and floral shirt. Such a nice memory.