Happy birthday, Maia!

Birthday_Girl

Five years ago I held a tiny little baby in my arms, somewhat surprised that they let a clueless mother like me take her home from the birth center. Today, my baby is a big, important five year old and I'm somewhat less clueless, but still taking it moment by moment, stage by stage.

Happy birthday, darling Maia!

P.S. As you can see, I finally finished the birthday banner that I've been meaning to make since I first saw Amanda's in The Creative Family! I did the letters using freezer paper stencils, though, rather than applique. Maia's "5" shirt is appliqued.

Comments

1. Amy says

It’s no secret that I always had a thing for Maia! She was such a beautiful, tiny little thing. Now she is a beautiful, clever, big tall thing. Happy Birthday to her, and to YOU Jean! And to Harry, too!

You and that freezer paper stencil!!
    That banner is really wonderful, and for every year to become a tradition for each family member. TradITIONS are so so…what’s the word…traditional! Love them!
    She is a beautiful strong girl, and you have paved her road.

Happy 5th birthday to Maia and to you for your 5th anniversary as mama! The banner looks fabulous and so does the appliqued T shirt. Wish you all a wonderful party. Waiting for the pics!

Happy Birthday! She is darling! I love the shirt, skirt, and the banner. I love that Heather Bailey fabric! You are an amazing mother and you are nurturing 2 amazing little girls. Enjoy your special day.

My goodness, she looks so grown-up! Why is 5 so much different than 4?! We are about to celebrate a 5th birthday here too, and I just marvel. The birthday planning has been center-stage for ages, and last year all she wanted was cake and balloons with family. Happy Birthday, Maia! Looking forward to seeing if you chose to be a princess or a monster or some creative combination of both!

I think five is so, so grown up. My daughter is barreling towards it and I’m more blown away than ever about how she is inhabiting her own personality and taking up ALL her space in the world – just the way Maia look in this photo. Happy Birthday Maia. And Happy Birthday Jean – you;ve done five good, hard years too! x

Happy birthday Maia! It was my baby’s birthday yesterday as well…her first! It goes by SO fast. I’ve also been planning to make a birthday banner for a couple years now, and another birthday has gone by…next time! Yours is beautiful. :)