One of Maia's favorite art activities remains Simon Says Drawing. It's one that she asks to do regularly with me and also does with friends sometimes, as in this photo (taken yesterday during a cookie baking and decorating lull). The older girls took turns being Simon and directing the drawing action, with Daphne sprawled out on the floor watching them.
We're on day two of Maia's two week school holiday. I made a list of fun ideas to try during the break, not so much as an activity-a-day sort of plan, but more like a list to refer to when it seems we need something different and interesting to do.
Here are the activities (mostly found via Pinterest):
1. Grow your own crystal tree at A is for Ampersand
2. DIY clear vinyl stickers at One Pearl Button
3. Paper pulp pictures at Art is Basic
4. Homemade kaleidoscope at Mini-eco
5. Clothespin torsion catapult at Almost Unschoolers
6. Bathtime submersible lights at Play at Home Mom
7. Water balloons in the bath also at Play at Home Mom
8. Cardboard monster feet at a happy wanderer
9. Homemade model magic at Southern as Biscuits
10. Make marshmallow and toothpick sculptures again (here)
11. Collaging a self portrait at Mommy Labs
12. Yarn block prints at Whip Up (by Modern Parents Messy Kids)