We are still in the midst of jumping through the sprinkler, making (and eating) fruit popsicle after fruit popsicle, catching fireflies, and staying up late to roast hot dogs and marshmallows over the backyard firepit.
It’s been a summer full of summer favorites and the kids responded to the “why don’t you draw a summer-y picture?” by drawing and writing all of the things they love about summer.
But before I share the list, I thought I’d introduce the artists…
This is little Monsieur Daphne, age 3, almost 4. She is a social and fun loving bundle of energy who loves everything sparkly and girly (despite the accessories she is sporting in the photo).
- Her current favorite books are Silly Sally by Audrey Wood and Storytime: First Tales for Sharing by Stella Blackstone and Anne Wilson.
- She likes to write her name with about a hundred lines on the “E.”
- And her favorite color is red (with pink as a close runner up).
And here is Monsieur Maia, age 7, almost 8. She has more energy than most kids I know, practices cartwheels and handstands by the dozen, and does flips off the sofa. She adores joke books and Mad Libs.
- Her favorite color is middle blue.
- Her current favorite books are the Harry Potter series (we’re reading them together and on #3).
- She loves to cook for the family (pizza, muffins, pancakes) and to sew on the sewing machine.
Now that we’ve met the artists, here’s the list of their favorite things about summer as drawn and written on the chalkboard:
- Sun and sunshine
- Catching fireflies
- Going out for ice cream cones
- Summer vacation
- Summer fruit
- Outdoor eating
- Having campfires in the firepit
- Having chocolate
- Going to the beach
- Playing in the water
- Growing pumpkins in the garden
What are your kids favorite things about summer?
This post contains affiliate links.
P.S. If you liked this post, you might enjoy my weekly ARTletter. Sign up here for creativity delivered straight to your inbox.