We like to celebrate Spring and Easter by crafting together using the themes and colors of the season:
Fresh spring flowers—daffodils, tulips, dogwood, rhododendron, azaleas, peonies
The light greens of newly emerging spring leaves
Pinks all around us when the redbuds are in bloom
The happy yellow of daffodils, sunshine, and fuzzy chicks
Bird song everywhere!
Easter eggs—dyeing and decorating eggs, crafting with eggs, finding eggs, playing games with eggs
Gardening—planting the spring peas, watching new seedlings emerge, learning about
Baby animals—lambs, chicks, ducklings, bunnies!
There is so much to love about spring! And so many lovely themes and colors to incorporate into crafting.
Here’s a list of 21 spring crafts our family has enjoyed over the years. I hope you and your kids will have just as much fun with them!
Spring Crafts Kids will Love :: Easter Egg Crafts
1. Easter egg suncatchers made with contact paper, colored tissue paper, and ribbon
2. Coloring Easter eggs with bleeding tissue paper – both egg drawings on paper as well as real eggs
3. Pretzel nests :: Creative Easter snacks for kids made with edible peanut butter playdough and pretzels. Peeps or Easter egg candy optional.
4. Paint Easter egg rocks —because kids love to paint rocks! And these Easter eggs will last and last and can even be used for Easter egg hunts in the backyard.
6. Make a colored tissue paper birds nest to hold Easter eggs or as part of your family’s spring and Easter decorations.
Spring Crafts Kids can Make with Flowers
7. Flower crowns and necklaces with glowing flower jewels.
8. Flower fairy wings :: Reuse the wire frame from a torn set of wings and make your own flower fairy wings using fresh or dried flowers.
9. Flower petal art box – This was our response to TinkerLab’s cardboard box challenge.
10. A flower man collage made with flowers pressed to paper with a layer of contact paper over the top.
11. Edible flowers for cupcakes and decorating lemon-iced cupcakes with kids drawings.
12. Newspaper flowers :: Recycle newspapers into flowers with pipe cleaner stems
13. Flower mandala suncatchers :: Make beautiful flower suncatchers with a paper plate as a frame.
Spring Crafts Kids will Love :: Stained Glass
14. Tissue paper stained glass made with colored tissue paper over wax paper
15. Make a spring stained glass window with watercolor resist paintings
16. Flower petal stained glass to catch the light for an especially spring-y and ephemeral window
17. Kool-Aid dyed playsilks just because! They are fun to dye and even more fun to play with.
Spring Crafts Kids will Love :: Birds, Nests, Eggs, and the Garden
11. A birds nest cake with ice cream eggs :: A kid-drawn bird adds an extra fun touch to this spring cake.
12. Felting eggs for the nature table :: Felting is always fun for kids.
20. Make garden wish flags to celebrate spring in the garden and encourage everything to grow well.
21. Paint birdhouses and welcome birds in style.
Looking for more? Here’s a great spring activities bucket list (with printable!) put together by Zina over at Let’s Lasso the Moon.
And if you don’t have my Artful Spring eBook yet, there are even more fun spring crafts, Easter ideas, and spring recipes in it.
What spring crafts do you like to do with your kids? Add your favorites in the comments, include a link if you like, or post a photo on The Artful Parent facebook page!