It’s only a week until Easter!
Do you know what’s going into your children’s Easter baskets?
If you need a little help, here are 25 creative Easter basket ideas…
No candy in the bunch!
This selection will promote creativity, imagination, and active play long after the Easter candy is gone.
Last minute Easter basket ideas for kids
Note: These items are all sold through Amazon.com. If you have Prime membership, as we do (love it!), you’re receive your Easter goodies super quickly. If you don’t have Prime, you can likely pay a little extra to get them in time for Easter. Or sign up for a free trial membership.
Kids Art Supplies Perfect for the Basket
- A sketchbook and metallic colored pencils for drawing and doodling
- A suminagashi marbling kit :: It’s sure to be a hit with your kids!
- Faber-Castell Watercolor Crayons :: These work great!
- Stabilo Power Markers :: A current favorite in our house.
- Do a Dot Markers :: Especially good for younger kids
- Washi tape :: For all kinds of crafty fun.
- A Klutz Shrinky Dinks Book Set
Awesome Games in Small Sizes
- Spot It (and Spot It Jr.) :: Both excellent!
- Sleeping Queens :: My kids love waking up the queens. (Note: it says that it’s for 8 and up, but I think it’s actually better for slightly younger. It’s a favorite of my 4.5 year old.)
- IQ Twist :: Addictive for older kids and adults with various levels to work through (both my 8 year old and my husband love it)
- eeBoo Tell Me a Story :: Great for storytelling and imagination!
- eeBoo Go Fish and Crazy Eights :: Both are fun and artful versions of the classic card games
- Cat’s Cradle
Easter Basket Ideas For Pretend Play
- How about a set of wooden play eggs in an egg carton? Your kids can decorate them themselves then use them in a play kitchen…
- A realistic Hansa rabbit would be much loved. We love the quality of our Hansa stuffed animals!
- I LOVE the idea of playdough filled Easter eggs. This is a tutorial for DIY playdough on Modern Parents Messy Kids (with fun printable playdough mats) but if you don’t want to make your own, you could always buy some Play-Doh Eggs.
- As for lining the basket, you can use a playsilk or two which double as excellent pretend play accessories (our playsilks have gotten so much use over the years). This rainbow playsilk is especially nice.
Small Gifts for Big Backyard Fun
- A jump rope would be perfect for active kids
- Juggling balls!
- Children’s gardening tools plus kids gardening gloves and a packet or two of seeds
- A bubble blowing set would be a fun addition!
- A butterfly kite for windy spring days or beach visits…
Any other creative Easter basket ideas for kids?
What does your resident Easter bunny like to put in the baskets?
This post includes affiliate links.