Since we’ve been loving our Fort Magic kit so much and see so much potential for it, I thought I’d put together a roundup of the best kids fort ideas using this open-ended construction kit.
Fort building is just a natural part of childhood, right?
We all know how much kids love building and playing in forts. We built forts as kids and our children build forts now, whether with the couch cushions, sticks, or a fort kit.
With that in mind, here are 50 ideas for kids forts using our favorite fort kit.
Thanks to Fort Magic for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions expressed are my own.
First, though, where to buy Fort Magic plus a giveaway…
- You can buy the Fort Magic kit on their website
- And on Amazon
- Also make sure to enter the giveaway at the end of this post for a chance to win a Fort Magic kit for your family or classroom!
50 Kids Fort Ideas Using a Fort Magic Kit
Kids Fort Ideas for Pretend Play
- Make a submarine
- Go to outer space (@lukenka on Instagram)
- Or a canoe for a fishing game
- Use the fort for tea parties
- Make a dragon (@researchparent on Instagram)
- Set up a pretend store
- Set up a grocery store (@raising_my_own_sports_team on Instagram)
- Play vet with a Fort Magic IV pole (on Pink and Green Mama)
- Set up a pretend play doctor’s office (@raising_my_own_sports_team on Instagram)
- Make doll furniture (on Play at Home Mom)
- Build things that go (@bilingualeyes on Instagram)
Learn with Fort Magic
- Explore architecture with kids (on Babble Dabble Do)
- Build a sensory fort (on You Clever Monkey)
- Explore the design process through fort building (on Babble Dabble Do)
- Make a game night fort
- Set up a double-sided painting easel (@kristen1421 on Instagram)
- Teach kids about engineering (on Tinkerlab)
- Make a reading teepee (on Learn with Play at Home Mom)
- 10 reasons to build forts (on Kids Activities Blog)
Winter Fort Ideas for Kids
- An igloo
- A magical winter fort with window sheers and Christmas lights (on Twodaloo)
- Make rooms within rooms
- Make a “Frozen” castle (on Play at Home Mom)
- Set up a starry cave fort (on Play at Home Mom)
- Play an indoor ball game (@learnwithplayathome on Instagram)
- Make a magical bed canopy (@katushmanka on Instagram)
Seasonal and Holiday Kids Forts
- A Halloween witch house
- A gingerbread house made from a Fort Magic kit (okay, I just described how I would make one in this post. When we actually do it, I will share a photo!)
- Make a Christmas fort (@vegasmotherrunner on Instagram)
- Set up shop with a Christmas cookie cafe (@pinkandgreenmama on Instagram)
Fun Fort Ideas for Summer
- Build a DIY backyard playhouse
- Make a backyard obstacle course (on Hands on As We Grow)
- Build a teepee (@jeanvanthul on Instagram)
- Make a stained glass house (on Play at Home Mom)
- Cool off with a “car wash” (@vegasmotherrunner on Instagram)
- Set up a lemonade stand (on Uncommon Designs)
Best Forts for Parties
- Try this DIY balloon play house (on Kids Activities Blog)
- Make tunnel races with the fort kit (on Hands on As We Grow)
- Add a special touch to a celebration with a Fort Magic welcome tunnel (on Kids Activities Blog)
- Use the construction kit to make a bean bag basketball court
- Build a birthday castle
Fun Ways to Embellish Your Kid Forts
- Cover your fort with playsilks and thrifted scarves
- Or with window sheers (on Twodaloo)
- Try fun patterned sheets (on Uncommon Designs)
- Or make your own simple fabric panels (on Babble Dabble Do)
- Add Christmas lights for extra fun at night
- Cover with thrifted white sheets and paint
- Or with white paper (on Babble Dabble Do)
- Or cover it with brown paper and paint it (@lukenka on Instagram)
- Add colorful paper lanterns (at Uncommon Designs)
So what do you think? Are you ready to build some forts?
If you have a Fort Magic kit already, go at it!
If not, here’s where you can buy Fort Magic ::
Fort Magic Giveaway
Which kids fort ideas would your family have fun creating? For a chance to win a Fort Magic construction kit for your family or school, valued at $129, leave a comment on this post telling us what you would build with your kit. After you leave your comment, make sure to click the Rafflecopter box telling it you left a comment and want to be entered into the giveaway! Giveaway open through Wednesday, December 2nd 11:59 pm EST to readers in the US and Canada. Good luck!
Disclaimer :: This post is sponsored by Fort Magic. As always, all opinions expressed are my own.
Pin It for Later