Delicious lemon-blueberry muffins!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (or half all-purpose and half white wheat flour)
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted then cooled somewhat
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Zest from one lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, frozen or fresh
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit and line or grease the muffin tins.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Whisk the melted butter into the eggs. Add the yogurt, zest, and vanilla, and whisk some more.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, stirring just until combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter between muffin tin sections and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Test with toothpick; if it comes out clean, the muffins are done.