Another something for Daphne, made by Maia.
(Making a stocking for the baby was one of our advent activities.)
We used glue batik, currently one of the more popular art activities in this house (we also did glue batik with the art group last week).
I cut some fabric into stocking shapes first, using a cotton knit only because I never made it to the store to buy something more substantial. I meant to, and should have, but oh well. The cotton knit worked out okay.
Maia drew her designs on the fabric with Elmer’s Blue Gel Glue and let it dry.
Then Maia painted over the glue designs with watered down acrylic paint.
She painted each stocking piece separately and let them dry.
Finally, we soaked the fabric in warm water, scrubbed the glue lines off (with a nail brush), and threw them in the dryer (not necessary, but we were impatient).
I sewed the two pieces into a new stocking and Maia hung it up.
This post contains affiliate links.