- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup or 6 oz cranberries
- 3/4 cup self-rising cake flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 – 1 1/2 Tbsp whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and put in a baking sheet to heat at the same time.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in an 8″ cast iron frying pan (or tarte-tatin dish). Add 1/2 cup sugar, stir. Add the cranberries. Stir. Set aside while mixing the cake.
- Put flour, salt, cinnamon, remaining sugar, 1/2 cup of butter, and the eggs in a food processor and blitz to combine. Add enough milk to make a batter of soft, dropping consistency. (Note: I am one of the rare adults without a food processor so did this by hand and it turned out fine.)
- Pour batter over berries and transfer immediately to heated baking sheet in oven.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until cake is gold and risen.
- Remove from oven and place a plate on top of the pan. Turn upside down and lift the pan off (carefully!).
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.