Learn how to make glitter slime for kids! This sensory material is easy to make and lots of fun to play with!
- 1 cup clear glue or glitter glue
- 1/4–1/2 cup room temperature water
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp contact solution (Use contact solution that contains boric acid or sodium borite. If you don’t have this, you can make your own borax solution by mixing 1/2 teaspoon of borax into a cup of warm water)
- Food coloring or liquid watercolors
- Pour the glue into a large bowl. Stir in the water.
- Mix in a few drops of food coloring to create a color that you like (optional).
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda and stir.
- Add 2 tablespoons of contact solution to the slime mixture. Stir until the slime pulls away from the side of the bowl and creates a ball.
- If it’s too sticky, add a little more contact solution.
- Add glitter.
- Remove the slime from the bowl. Knead it and stretch it with your hands.
- Store in an airtight container.