This fluffy slime recipe is easy to make at home! Here are the step-by-step instructions for how to make fluffy slime yourself.
- 1 bottle of Elmer’s white glue*
- Shaving cream (the foam kind, not the gel or cream kind)
- Borax solution (1 cup warm water with 1 teaspoon borax, mixed until clear)
- Eye contact solution (optional but recommended)
- Food coloring (optional)
- Essential oils (optional)
*Or, if you’re going to be making lots of slime, you might want to consider buying your glue by the gallon.
- Squeeze one bottle of white glue into a medium bowl.
- Stir in 1/2 cup to 1 cup of shaving foam, depending on how fluffy you want your slime to be.
- Stir in food coloring until you reach your desired color.
- Add a few squirts of contact solution (this makes it less sticky).
- Make a borax solution of 1 cup warm water with 1 teaspoon borax, mixed until clear. Add this solution a teaspoon at a time until the mixture forms a clump in the bowl.
Use your hands to knead your fluffy slime! If it’s too sticky, add more contact solution. If it seems to need more glue or shaving cream or color, you can knead that in, too.
If you want your fluffy slime to be scented, knead in a few drops of essential oil.
Have Fun! Store in a covered container or plastic bag to keep your fluffy slime from drying out.