Delicious all-time favorite pumpkin chocolate chip muffins!
- 1 1/2 cups white wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus extra for sprinkling on top
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, cold
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup half-and-half or whole milk
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and grease muffin tin.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt to a food processor. Mix. (Or you can just mix in a bowl.)
- Cut butter into a few pieces and add to flour mixture. Pulse until the butter is pea sized or smaller. (If doing by hand, cut the butter in with a pastry knife.)
- Dump the flour-butter mixture into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together pumpkin, half-and-half, egg, and vanilla.
- Dump pumpkin mixture into flour mixture. Fold until mixture is just combined. Add chocolate chips and fold in.
- Spoon the mixture into your greased muffin tin, filling each about half full.
- Sprinkle with the sugar-cinnamon topping over each muffin.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Cool in pan for ten minutes or so if you can bear to wait.