- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Fresh snow, about 10 cups
- Mix together the evaporated milk, sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Fill a large bowl with fresh, clean snow. I try to think ahead a bit and put my biggest mixing bowl outside during a heavy snowfall.
- Pour your milk mixture into the bowl of snow while gently stirring. Feel free to add more snow if needed.
- Scoop and top as desired. I highly recommend sprinkles!
- Enjoy immediately and store any leftover snow ice cream in the freezer.
- You can substitute the evaporated milk for half and half, heavy cream, or a dairy-free milk. Alternatively, you can omit the sugar and use sweetened condensed milk.
- The amount of snow you need may vary. If your snow is light and dry, you may need more. If your snow is heavy and wet, you could need less.
- Try different toppings and flavors! You can swap out vanilla for peppermint or another favorite extract and add any kind of topping you like.