This is great homemade playdough recipe to make with simple kitchen ingredients and the best part is that there is no stove-top cooking involved so the kids can help mix up their own batch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup salt
- 2 Tbsp cream of tartar
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Liquid watercolors (or food coloring)
- 2 cups boiling water
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Make a well in the center and add oil and coloring.
- Pour in boiling water and mix.
- It will look like a goopy mess and you’re going to be sure that you’re going to have to add a lot of flour to make it work. Just let it sit for a few minutes. It will firm up and work perfectly.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and knead it a bit to form a ball.
This playdough will keep for a few months if stored in an airtight container or plastic bag in between use.