I really love how easy it is to change out the artworks on our kids art display wall! We’ve continued to change it up pretty regularly but the last time I post an update of the art on the wall was in October so I figured we’re due for a new post. It’s a fun way for me to share what we’ve been up to as well as to document my kids continuing creative development.
So… What’s on the kids art display wall this month?
2. An abstract marker drawing of ducks in a duck pond made by Maia, age 8, at our new drawing desk (purchased from Imagine Childhood; we love it—I’ll try to share more about it in an upcoming post). I strung a small display wire under the window where Maia can clip artworks, letters, etc (it’s officially her homework desk). See the Zita the Spacegirl book there in the photo? Maia loves that series; thanks so much to everyone who recommended it and other graphic novels last month when I put out a request for recommendations on facebook.
Oh, and that rainbow bunting? That’s the one Maia made a couple of months ago with the melted crayon drawing technique.
3. and 8. Abstract art made by Daphne with corrugated cardboard and a glue gun + drawings.
4. A black and white Zentangle drawing of a leaf made by Maia a few months ago.
5. A black and white drawing of a crown with heart jewels made by Daphne after we made the stained glass heart crowns.
6. Our family’s hearts from the map of my heart art project we did on Valentine’s Day.
7. A spring drawing of a tree with birds nests and an owl family made by Maia with colored pencils on the drawing desk.
8. and 3. Abstract art made by Daphne with corrugated cardboard and a glue gun + drawings.
9. Abstract painting on canvas made by Daphne last year.
11. Some heart and flower chalk drawings on the chalkboard (by Daphne) plus a couple of notes (by friends). The fish kite was a recent yard sale find; we haven’t flown it yet, but I love how it looks here!
12. Over there in the corner, there’s a Sharpie drawing on canvas made by Daphne a while back but embellished recently with additional marker designs and details.
It had been on that Ikea picture ledge but when I moved it to the bird fabric wall hanging, she noticed it afresh and asked me to get it down so she could finish it.
P.S. See the Fort Magic submarine by the window? It’s now covered with fabric and there are three little kids taking it for an undersea adventure as I write this. I hear them talking about shark attacks and jellyfish and negotiating who’s going to drive.
What’s on your art display wall (or wire, fridge, chalkboard, mantel…) this month? Feel free to share a photo on my facebook wall! I’d love to see!
This post contains some affiliate links.