The Toddler Art Group in FamilyFun Magazine

Toddler Art Group in FamilyFun Magazine

I’m in the current issue of FamilyFun

Toddler Art Group in FamilyFun Magazine

They interviewed me about the toddler art group for their 1-2-3 section (arts and crafts for one through three year olds). It’s basically a simple how-to for organizing art groups or playdates.

Toddler Art Group in FamilyFun Magazine

They also included a version of the fun sculpey nature prints we made last year.

The 1-2-3 section is included in subscription copies (not newsstand) for families with toddlers. Do any of you receive it? I never got this section when I subscribed but probably because I just sent in one of those fly-in (fall out!) postcards that asks for minimal personal information.

Sorry about the short post. I’m not thinking very straight right now and am heading for an early bedtime. Maia has an ear infection and I’ve been up since 3am. Time. For. Sleep.

Comments

Coo!I haven’t had time to read this whole issue yet. I was too busy setting up that bird nest activity on the front cover! We had a blast with that. I look forward to sitting down and reading your interview! Congratulations!

I don’t think I get that section either. I’ll have to call and have it added. Thanks for the tip. It looks like a great article.

congratulations! our subscription just expired so I am bummed to miss out on your article. will have to try to get my hands on one.

I get that magazine and read that article and saw the project. I read it before I found your blog and didn’t even put the two together. Small world!

5. Tamrah T. says

Yeah! I’m excited for your article! Yes, I quickly read my copy the other day and missed a few parts, I guess… happy to report that my subscription copy has YOUR article :) The thing that I remember most from the quick scan of it was the picture, adoarble! Yet at the same time I thought, “OH NO! who would bring their child to artful fun in brand new clothes” (see first boy on the left on picture). Nonetheless, everyone looked to be having fun! That’s what counts :)

Yeah!! Congrats, Family Fun is my favorite magazine and I would give my right pinky toe to get soemthing of mine published in there. WE did your nature prints on our trip to Colorado this week, will be posting our results with a link to you later next week!

7. elizabeth says

I have been a subscriber for 5 years and I’ve never seen the 1-2-3 section so my guess is that this is all new. I’m very glad they are doing this section as I started my subscription when my daughter was 1 years old and I found myself filing all the activities away. Unfortunately, I got into the habit of doing this and now instead of doing the projects when we get the magazine, I save them for another time instead of doing them with my daughter who is capable of doing the projects. I have a 2month old son now so I’m looking forward to doing crafts with this new section. Congratulations on the article. I hope I receive it because it hasn’t arrived yet.

I’m sad because my issue doesn’t have the 1-2-3 section and neither does my moms. I called the magazine and they didn’t know anything about it. :(
    Is this in the issue with the little girl and the nest on the cover? Waaahhhh…I’m bummed unless this means you’re really in the MAY issue that I haven’t recieved yet. What is an artsy mama to do?!

9. teachingtinytots says

I did It was neat I thought of you and the scupltey prints :) when i read it!

I read that article two weeks ago and have been hooked on your blog ever since! I also remember reading about your art group in Mothering mag – what two years ago? And was inspired by that article then, too.

That is so crazy! I was just reading this magazine and I loved that article and now I’m in love with discountschoolsupply thanks to you… and then I stumble upon your blog thru another!

12. Allison says

Hi! I found the article in Family Fun and dashed off to my computer to check out your blog…I am loving it so far…and look forward to reading/learning and trying some of these ideas!! Very Excited!
    Allison

13. jen says

My magazine did not have this section. I have called two times to try to get a copy of it and it was like I was speaking in alien to them. Do you know any other way I could get a copy?