The Artful Parent Book is Available for Preorder!

The Artful Parent Book Cover

My book has a cover! (with a photo by the amazing Lenka Hattaway of Lenka Hattaway Photography) And I just finished reviewing the designed page proofs of the book which makes it all seem so very real now. I can't tell you how excited I am!

It's been a long process, but I think the end result will be well worth the wait. The Artful Parent book has been beautifully designed, edited, and midwifed by the team at Roost Books. I couldn't be happier with how it's all come together.

Here's a bit more news about the book:

The Artful Parent book will be released next April.

I really wish I could share my book with you right now! Of course, that's the same way I felt last year when I sent it to my editor instead. I put my heart and soul into this book and I just want to tie a pretty ribbon around it, write a little note on the cover page, and hand it to you.

But I don't think my editor would go for that.

Instead, I'm going to point you to Amazon where it's already available for preorder. I couldn't quite believe that it was really available, and had to order a copy myself to make sure it worked. :) So, while I'm sure I'll be receiving a few copies of my book from my publisher, I will also receive a copy of my book from Amazon on April 9th, the release date.

I'm doing a little dance I'm so excited!

The Artful Parent book is also available for preorder on the Roost Books website. You can read a nice long description of the book there. And, the order page says that they ship after March 8th, so maybe you'll get your book up to a month early if you order through them? Wouldn't that be nice?

I hope you love my book!

Comments

1. Mags says

Congratulations on your book and what great news! I can’t wait to read it and share it with the kids!
    Mags

Wow! That is SO exciting…and was this a secret? I always thought you needed to do a book, but since I’m a relatively new subscriber (4-6 months, maybe?) I didn’t know this was in the works. Congrats–what a great accomplishment. We’re rooting for you!
    (however, OoHh–why does the wait have to be SO long?!)
    Can’t wait to have my own copy,
    Sarah M

3. Dena says

Jean, Congratulations! I was just about to say something like that about getting the kids arts and crafts directory finished, but, this is way bigger!! What an accomplishment, hope you are going to celebrate, :)

Congrats Jean! How incredibly exciting for you. I’m happy to say it’s available for pre-order on UK Amazon too, so have just ordered my copy! Can’t wait!

5. Lisa F. says

Congratulations!!! I’ve got goosebumps, so I can’t imagine how you feel!! Can’t wait to get it.

6. Milena says

Yes. And it’s a great one, couldn’t recommend it more. I live in the US, but their shipping is fairly fast (and free most of the times). I can find all sorts of books on there (just ordered a bunch in italian, my native language, which I cannot find anywhere else without paying a fortune for shipping..).

7. Maria says

Congratulations! It’s in my amazon cart waiting for me to check out my next order — can’t WAIT to see it. You and Maia and Daphne all look fantastic on the cover.

I’m so excited for you! What a beautiful pay-off for all your hard work! I can’t wait to see my copy. Congratulations, Jean.

9. rachel says

WEHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! THIS IS SO EXCITING, JEAN! i’m so happy for you! wow, it has been a lot of work and a long time in coming for sure. i’m so proud and thankful of you and to be a small part of this experience! i’m treating you to a blueberry scone at the bakery very soon!!!

10. Milena says

yes, and free! I ordered several books from them recently (I live in New Mexico) and haven’t paid a penny for shipping (perhaps this is not true for all of their books, but it was in my case). Books arrive after a couple of weeks from ordering, in excellent packaging. It’s become my second online bookstore, after amazon (which is not so great for foreign language books, I think).

11. Heather N says

Yay!!! Congratulations. I have been reading your blog for quite a while now and always thought that you should do a book. Looking forward to it.

12. Sandrine says

Hi Jean,
    I think you are awesome ,your activities / ideas are just amazing..I have pre ordered your book, but why April 2013 ? I want it NOW.. Ha ha
    But, thank you really really looking forward to owning your book.I love my arts and crafts as well.
    Regards from Australia, Perth.
    Sandrine