I am just back from the doctor with a croupy little Maia and we have been making banana bread with our over-ripe bananas.
I wanted to share my current big organization project that I’ve been working on over the weekend. I opened up the overstuffed and ripped portfolio that I talked about here, and sorted all Maia’s artwork into two big plastic bins.
Organizing and Storing Childrens Art
Flat storage is a lot better for art on paper, especially long term, which I knew but I still didn’t get around to putting together a flat storage system until now.
So for now I have one bin per year, but I imagine that I’ll consolidate at some point–maybe have one bin for ages 1-3 and one for 4-6, etc.
I loved going through all her old artwork (most of which I hadn’t seen since she first made it!) and took pictures of my favorites and also framed several. I’ll probably post more about them soon, especially if I can figure out how to use those cool flickr montages that I’ve seen on other blogs.
As for progress on the rest of the studio organization project, there is some, but not too much.
I’ve cleaned up the studio and started using the new bins I bought at Target. I decided I want to install shelves on one of the walls and so need to wait for our tax refund before heading to Home Depot for brackets and wood. I’ll keep you posted…