These 50+ fun and engaging toddler art ideas include painting, sculpture, collage, and action art. Plus there are lots of sensory and other creative activities for toddlers and other young children!
Here at The Artful Parent, we often receive requests for art ideas for toddlers and creative activities for toddlers.
Toddlers are known for their high energy and short attention spans, along with their amazing ability to quickly acquire new skills; often after much persistence and with big, proud smiles at their accomplishments.
If you’re looking for art activities for toddlers and ways to connect with the child in your life, look no further!
Toddler Art Ideas
Below are some of our tried and true favorites for exploring arts and crafts for toddlers.
Many of these toddler art activities fall under process art, a way of encouraging exploration and experimentation with new materials or methods.
Painting Activities for Toddlers
These painting ideas work well with kids of all ages, toddlers included! Open-ended art activities that kids can try over and over again!
Action Art for Toddlers
Action art is such a fun way for toddlers to move around AND make beautiful art. These ideas are great for encouraging exploration!
Nature Arts & Crafts for Toddlers
Go on a nature walk and gather flowers, leaves and pinecones to try out these wonderful nature art activities for toddlers.
- Create These Beautiful Flower Flags with Flower Pounding for Kids
- 5 Nature Based Art Ideas for Kids
- 5 Nature Based Play Ideas for Kids
Sculpture Art for Toddlers
3-D Art is so exciting for young kids. These sculpture ideas for kids are sure to be a hit!
Playdough & Clay Activities for Toddlers
Clay and playdough provide a wonderful tactile experience for young children. Here are some fun ideas to incorporate with the materials next time around.
- Playdough Monsters for Toddlers
- Creative Playdough Ideas for Kids
- How to Use LEGOs to Make Pictures in Playdough
Sensory Activities for Toddlers
Try any of these toddler activities to engage all the senses! These sensory activities are fun opportunities for kids to squish, squeeze, splash, manipulate, and experiment with a variety of materials.
- How to Make Aquafaba (A Taste-Safe Sensory Play Material for Kids)
- 13 Fun Things to Do with Oobleck
- How to Make and Use Salty Puffy Paint
- Finger Painting with Sensory Sand
- Baking Soda & Vinegar Science Experiments for Kids
Printmaking for Toddlers
Printmaking is an exciting art activity for toddlers and adults alike as paint transfers to an entirely new surface!
- Mirror Image String Prints with the Toddler Art Group
- Bath Mat Printmaking Activity for Kids
- Heart Symmetry Painting
- Potato Printing for Kids: How to Make Potato Prints
Collage Art for Toddlers
Toddlers love collaging materials! These toddler art activities help develop fine motor skills and are so fun for toddlers.
- Monochrome Art: Collage Paintings for Kids
- Easy Yarn Suncatchers for Kids
- Self Portrait Art with Little Kids
- Yarn Painting for Kids
- Tissue Paper Suncatchers in Embroidery Hoop Frames
Toddler Art + Travel
Are you looking for screen-free travel ideas to engage your toddler while traveling? Try making your own art kit or check out our art ideas for travel with kids:
Thinking about Starting an Art Group?
Are you considering starting your own art group for kids? Here are some great tips and information for how to go about it.
- Diving into Toddler Art Group
- How To Start a Children’s Art Group
- 7 Tips for Doing Art With Toddlers
- Making Art With Babies & Toddlers: Host an Art Crawl!
Or Need Some Toddler Art Ideas for Play Dates?
Art + friends is a wonderful combination! Here are simple, easy ideas for art activities for toddlers to do together.
Not sure what materials to start with? Check out our 25 Best Art Materials for Kids and be sure to sign-up for a free PDF Download of Top 10 Art Materials for Toddlers!
Are you looking for more Toddler Art Ideas? Click to explore The Artful Parent archive and search “toddler” in the top right corner.
Pin It For Later