Melted crayon Easter eggs with friends

MeltedCrayonEasterEggs_20

We had so much fun last year with our melted crayon Easter eggs (and they were so beautiful!), that we made them again. This year we were able to share the process with good friends who have been visiting from out of state.

MeltedCrayonEasterEggs_03

As before, we drew on the freshly boiled eggs with crayons. As the crayon touched the hot egg, it melted on smoothly, making vibrant designs.

MeltedCrayonEasterEggs_10

Even Daphne enjoyed drawing on an egg (hers was warm, not hot).

MeltedCrayonEasterEggs_14

Maia and Nikhil both really got into dying the eggs (of course!) as well.

MeltedCrayonEasterEggs_19

I really love this technique! So fun to make and such an artful end result!

Spring-eBook-Ad_border-Horizontal_690

Comments

1. [email protected] says

Those are awesome!! i’m getting my egg on tomorrow:)

2. luli says

Thanks for all your ideas on easter! This is all new to me, a these tradition was not one I had when I was growing up in Argentina. One dumb comment, but may help for others trying this for the first time ever: I could not find white eggs around here, so used brown ones – they don’t die and if they are painted, it does not look so well (or maybe it is my lack of abilities!)

3. Carly says

I’m Jewish and my husband is Catholic, but as the at-home mom, crafty stuff is my responsibility! Thank you for this wonderful idea. I’m doing this with my kids today. We’re going to take them to my inlaws for on Sunday to decorate the table for Easter brunch.

If you have the time, you can melt crayons stubs in an old muffin tin, and paint the designs on with old paintbrushes. (Henceforth, these brushes and this muffin tin will be used only for melting crayon.) I like how you melted on “hot eggs”. EASY! And I bet the kids thought it was fun too. I consider this an art experience … not craft… just so you know my thoughts on that!

Oh Jean, these take my breath away! So gorgeous!!!! I miss you all terribly! Thanks for the glorious color infusion on this grey day. xo

We did this today. I love how the crayon melts on the hot egg. SO COOL! Truth be told, I probably enjoyed it more than the kids. I may have to pick some more eggs…..

7. [email protected] says

We usually tie dye our eggs, by only filling the dye cups half way and rotating eggs between colors…after seeing your post, we tried the hot egg, crayon resist, and it turned out so great. I have a 2 and 3 year old. It was perfect to split the “project” up into 2 parts. Coloring for about 10 minutes. And later in the day, dying for about 10 minutes. They loved it! Especially the passing eggs from color to color with tongs. Thanks for the inspiration!

We did this yesterday after reading your post and loved the result. My 5 daughters ages 1 – 13 all had a blast. Thank you!

This year we painted wooden eggs, and planned to do some ‘natural dyes’ for the chicken eggs. After I completely fouled up the egg dye (really really badly) I was saved by this post.
    Thank you so so much!!!! Our eggs turnout AMAZING.
    much love,
    Amanda

10. Susan says

thanks so much for this; my 3 year old (and my husband) had a blast drawing on the eggs before we colored them… SO MUCH FUN!!

Now girls, on the other hand, have lots of choices when it comes to things to wear to a rave. But the mantra here as well is to pick out comfortable clothing. To each individual, the definition of comfortable will vary. So depending on that you either need to raid your closet or go shopping. If you think that wearing jeans won’t give you space or freedom to dance for hours, then avoid them completely. Opt for goth or halter tops that are loose and flowy. Pair it with a sexy miniskirt and you’re good to go. Go with loud colors like electric blue, hot pink, yellow, fluorescent green, or double-tone colors that go well with either black or white. You can also wear tops that glitter as they look amazing under the lasers.