We’ve been going crazy with melted bead suncatchers lately, experimenting with all kinds of ideas, forms, and frames. I’m just going to share my newest favorite today—suncatcher words!
You are probably thinking enough already with the melted bead suncatchers so I’ll just do one more post after this with all the others (to get it out of my system) and then move on.
Sooo…. The suncatcher words are probably pretty self explanatory, but I have the pics, so I’ll share them.
I strung a bunch of translucent red pony beads one night while Harry and I were watching a movie. It seemed like the perfect thing to do with my hands. Some people knit while they watch TV or movies. I’ll be the crazy lady who strings beads for the hundreds of suncatchers she has around her house.
The next day I formed the word “love” with the string of beads on a foil-covered baking dish and melted the beads on the gas grill outside (high, 5 or so minutes).
I let the beads and pan cool, then lifted off my new word suncatcher. I love how it turned out and already have other words and names planned.
I tried a few different places for my new love suncatcher, including among some embroidery hoop suncatchers in the living room window…
…and on the lip of an empty picture frame.
I think this spot was actually my favorite, but it seemed silly to put a suncatcher against a wall. I may have to make some of these melted bead words with opaque pony beads as well.
Finally, I combined the love suncatcher with two melted bead heart suncatchers in one of our bedroom windows.
P.S. Kids could make these, too, of course. This one just happened to be all me.
Now here’s the big question: Have you tried melted bead suncatchers yet? What did you think?
Looking for the basic melted bead suncatcher instructions or more ideas? Here are my previous melted bead suncatcher posts:
- Making Melted Bead Suncatchers (Basic info for getting started)
- A Melted Bead Suncatcher Mobile (And how to make shapes)
- A Melted Bead Suncatcher Spiral (The beginning of our freeform experimentation)
- More Melted Bead Suncatchers :: Free Form Experiments
- Melted Bead Suncatchers :: Beautiful Free Form Hearts
- Melted Bead Stained Glass in Frames — Mondrian Style!
- Melted Bead Suncatcher in an Embroidery Hoop Frame
- A Melted Bead Jack-O-Lantern Suncatcher
- Melted Bead Words
- Melted Bead Fairy Wands
- Melted Bead Suncatchers 7+ NEW Ways (Includes ornaments, die-cut wood frames, spiral mobiles, and shapes within suncatchers)