I’m obsessed with pumpkin recipes lately.
I’ve made pumpkin scones. Pumpkin waffles. Pumpkin pancakes. I made the same excellent ginger pumpkin bread twice, since it was so darn good. And this is the third pumpkin chocolate chip muffin recipe I’ve tried.
It’s the winner—light, moist, and flavorful.
Here’s the recipe.
Best Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
(adapted from Pioneer Woman’s moist pumpkin spice muffins)
- 1 1/2 cups white wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus extra for sprinkling on top
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, cold
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup half-and-half or whole milk
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and grease muffin tin.
2. Add flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt to a food processor. Mix. (Or you can just mix in a bowl.)
3. Cut butter into a few pieces and add to flour mixture. Pulse until the butter is pea sized or smaller. (If doing by hand, cut the butter in with a pastry knife.)
4. Dump the flour-butter mixture into a large bowl.
5. In a separate bowl, mix together pumpkin, half-and-half, egg, and vanilla.
6. Dump pumpkin mixture into flour mixture. Fold until mixture is just combined. Add chocolate chips and fold in.
7. Spoon the mixture into your greased muffin tin, filling each about half full.
8. Sprinkle with the sugar-cinnamon topping over each muffin.
9. Bake for 25 minutes. Cool in pan for ten minutes or so if you can bear to wait.
And double yum!
Maia helped me make these and she agrees, this is the best pumpkin chocolate chip muffin recipe.
If you liked these pumpkin waffles, then you might like these other pumpkin recipes ::