Body Painting with the Art Group

Body Painting with the Childrens Art Group

Generous amounts of washable, nontoxic tempera paint + bare torsos + encouragement to paint their bodies =

Body Painting with the Childrens Art Group

Body Painting with the Childrens Art Group

Body Painting with the Childrens Art Group

Body Painting with the Childrens Art Group

I had set out special face crayons (the kind used on halloween or for face painting) as well but they were completely ignored. Paint was clearly the art material of choice yesterday. We used a bar of soap, the hose, and the kiddie pool for washing up afterwards.

By the way, I wanted to let you know that Teaching My Little Bookworm has started an Open-Ended Art Wednesday. Each week she'll post an open-ended art project which you are encouraged to do with your kiddos and post about then add a link on her blog so others can see your work. This week it's puffy paint, something we've had lots of fun with in the past!

If you enjoyed this post, please share your thoughts in the comments, share the post with your friends, or subscribe to receive blog updates through e-mail or your reader. Thank you!

Note Some links in this post may be affiliate links. I only use affiliate links for products we use and love. If you follow an affiliate link and place a purchase, I will receive a small percentage of the sales price and will send you virtual hugs.

Comments

Once again, you’re encouraging me to let go of my inhibitions when it comes to letting my girl experiment with art. Body Painting!?! I never would have thought to let her do that! Thanks for the inspiration.

We did tempera body painting this summer too. The kids had a blast and it was a great tactile experience! I even let them paint my legs a bit ;)

3. teachingtinytots says

what great fun! i also thought of the book I Ain’t Gonna Paint No More! great book!
    thanks for listing my blog and open art wednesday your the best :)

Hahahahaha. All of our art group playdates outside seem to devolve into some level of body painting. My daughter’s fault. :-P

Oh, I love it! The brushes and paints must’ve felt pretty cool on those soft little bodies. Love the pics.

A fun extension might be to have mural paper out to “print” your bodies on afterward. I also love the ain’t gonna paint no more. my kids crack up on the page that cleverly suggests “butt”. I think I may have to do this little art on our next sunny day, Thanks for your creativity and for sharing. (oh and your flannel pocket dipes, I made them too and I fasten with snappis)

Oh, it looks like a blast! I’ve got to do it. I think the trick for me, a sometimes clean freak, is to realize how much FUN it would be for them!! And I’ll just be prepared with the hose!!

8. Linda says

I have done this before and it was great. Just for fun read the book I Ain’t Gonna Paint No More before doing this. Great book Linda