Most kids love to squeeze and squish playdough between their fingers. They like to roll it into snakes and balls. Poke it with tools or add decorations. Mold it into various shapes and sculptures.
The same is true with clays and with other doughs such as salt dough, air dry clay, and bread dough. You really can’t go wrong with a dough-based activity!
Here are over 39 ways for kids to model, craft, and explore with playdough, clay, and other doughs:
Playdough Ideas for Kids
- Candy Cane Playdough (and our Favorite Playdough Recipe)
- 39 Playdough Ideas for Kids :: Ways to Play and Learn with Playdough
- A Baking Soda Volcano: Mt. Fuji Erupts in Our Kitchen
- No Cook Versus Cooked Playdough (and a Playdough Recipe)
- Playdough Snowmen in Mason Jar Snow Globes
- Playdough with Tools or Without?
- Some Fancy Playdough Play (with Beads and Toothpicks)
- A Forest Diorama on Our Table
- A Make and Do Scavenger Hunt
- Sculpey Flower Prints in Playdough
- Playdough Monsters with Feathers and Googly Eyes
- Playdough is Our Favorite for Everyday Creativity
Tips and Ideas for Creating with Clay
- Clay Day at the Folk Art Center (& a Clay Nature Plaque)
- Another Clay Day (with Pinch Pots, Coil Pots, and a Potter’s Wheel)
- Playing with Clay at Home
- Getting Over My Clay Hang Up (& a Pottery Wheel for Kids)
- Kids Pottery Wheel (Love Affair Still Going Strong)
- Modeling with Air Dry Clay (Sculpt It!)
Ideas and Recipes for other Doughs
- Model Magic: Crayola vs Homemade (and a Recipe)
- How to Make Gooey, Slimy, Icky (and Wonderful) Gak!
- Clean Mud is a Fun (and Messy) Art Project
Sculpey Ideas and Projects for Children
Making Dough Beads with Kids
Salt Dough Crafts for Kids
- Salt Dough Ornaments for the Tree
- Sparkly, Beaded Salt Dough Ornaments, Suncatchers, and Garlands!
- Melted Crayon Salt Dough Ornaments
Edible Dough Creations
Looking for more playdough ideas for kids?
Or check out these top posts ::