Welcome to The Parents’ Corner!
Here you’ll find ideas and activities for sharing art with the children in your life, including how to set up a kids’ art space, favorite art supplies, and how to talk to your kids about art. In addition, there are hundreds of fun and easy arts and crafts activities that will inspire your children’s creativity.
Ideas to Get You Started with Childrens Art and Crafts
New here or new to children’s arts and crafts? Check out some of these posts to get your family started on your own artful journey.
- My Art Supply List
- Art Space for Kids :: 6 Simple Ways to Make an Art Space for Kids
- How to Encourage Drawing Skills, Confidence & Creativity in Young Children
- How I Plan Our Art Activities
- 10 Simple Art Activities to Set Up for After School
- Art Can be As Unique as the Child
- How to Talk to Kids About their Art
- Read my children’s art book
Childrens Art and Crafts By Type of Activity
Looking for posts by type of art activity? Click below. Or click here for the visual directory.
- WATERCOLOR Painting
- DRAWING Ideas & Activities
- Suncatchers & STAINED GLASS
- 3-D Art and SCULPTURE
- PLAYDOUGH, Clay & Other Doughs
- PRINTMAKING Ideas for Kids
- COLLAGE Ideas
- NATURE Art & Exploration
- COOKING with Kids
- Artful SCIENCE Experiments
- Homemade ART MATERIALS
Popular Posts :: Childrens Art and Crafts
Want to read some the most popular Artful Parent posts? These get read the most…
- Making Melted Bead Suncatchers
- Melting Ice Science Experiment
- Construction Toys for Kids :: 7 Ways My Kids Use Magnetic Tiles
- 39 Ways to Play and Learn with Playdough
- 8 Sensory Activities for Kids to Fill the Witching Hour
- Colored Foam Paint :: Better Than Shaving Cream for Kids’ Art and Sensory Play!
Art for Toddlers
Help the youngest members of your household start down the creative path.
- How Toddlers Explore Art Materials (and Their World)
- Shaped Crayons = Creative Drawing for Little Kids
- Toddler Art is About Exploring the Materials
- Forget Crayons: 11 Great Art Materials for Toddlers
- 7 Tips for Doing Art with Toddlers
- Keeping Toddlers Busy with a Sticker Heart Activity
- Making Our Studio Toddler Friendly
Art Games & Activities
Art can make the best games!
- Simon Says, Draw!
- A Color Scavenger Hunt
- A Make and Do Scavenger Hunt
- Share the Love with Interactive Heart Mandalas
- Quiet-Time Art Game for Children
Our favorite kids’ art materials and tools, plus recipes for homemade art materials, and ways to stock an art cupboard on a budget.
- The 25 Best Kids Art Materials
- The Best Kids Art Tools for a Successful Experience
- Kids Art Supplies on a Budget
- 35 Homemade Art Materials Kids Can Make
- Choosing Paper for Your Children’s Art
- 10 New Art Materials We Tried in 2013
Children’s Art Group
Interested in starting or joining a children’s art group?
- How to Start a Children’s Art Group
- An Art Reception for the Toddlers
- Body Painting with the Art Group
- Scrap Wood Sculptures with the Art Group
Inspiration and Education
Art is fundamental to education.
- 10 Ways Art is Fundamental to Education
- Interviews with Art Experts and Artful Parents
- Mary Ann Athens on Art in Education
Some activities seem to promote creativity and creative thinking more than others.
- 5 Ways to Encourage Your Children’s Creativity
- Totoro and Other Challenge Drawings
- New Art Materials Inspire Creativity
- On Creativity (with a great discussion in the comments)
Children’s Art Spaces
Create one or more child-friendly art spaces in your home to encourage everyday creativity.
- Our Art Studio (with Ikea Fold-Down Tables)
- Making Space for Kids’ Art
- Art Spaces Around Our House
- A Tour of Our Home
- Making Our Studio Toddler Friendly
- Siblings and Accessible Art Supplies
Art Display and Storage
What to do with all the art your children make?
- A Kids’ Art Display Wall with Thrifted Frames
- What’s on the Kids’ Art Wall?
- Organizing and Storing Kids’ Art
- Our House of Color: Hanging Children’s Art Around the Home
- Putting A Child’s Artwork on a Canvas
Pin It for Later ::