Looking for creative drawing ideas for kids?
Picking up a crayon and making marks on paper is often the very first art activity for young children. Drawing requires very little in the way of materials (simply a sheet of paper and a drawing tool), is easy and engaging for all ages and levels of ability, and is usually mess free.
Drawing allows children to
- EXPRESS themselves
- PROCESS their world
- EXPERIMENT with ideas and techniques
- MAKE ART anywhere
- INTERACT with others
- & develop FINE MOTOR SKILLS
Creative Drawing Ideas for Kids
Here are over 75 creative drawing ideas for kids! These ideas, activities, and posts include drawing games, creative drawing prompts, improving drawing skills, and ways for connecting through drawing.
Creativity and Confidence in Drawing
- Drawing for Kids :: How to Encourage Creativity, Skills & Confidence
- Drawing for Kids :: Encouraging the Reluctant Artist
- Creative Alternatives to Coloring Books
Drawing Skills and Techniques
- How to Get Started with Observational Drawing for Kids
- Drawing Lessons for Kids with the Monart Method
- Drawing the Human Body for Kids (with tips and activities for different ages)
Using How to Draw Books
Activity Sheets for Kids
- Travel Activities for Kids (printable drawing activities and games)
- 11 DIY Art Activity Pages for Kids
Drawing Prompts for Kids
- Drawing Prompts for Kids with Eye Stickers
- Magazine Pictures as Drawing Prompts for Kids
- Using Drawing Prompts with Kids
Drawing Games for Kids
- 12 Kids Art Games for Fun and Creativity
- Encourage Children’s Creativity with Drawing Games and Silliness
Connecting Through Drawing
- Why Read Aloud Time is Drawing Time
- Back-and-Forth Drawing with Kids
- And Interactive Heart Drawing Activity
- Drawing to Music with Children
Want more creative drawing ideas for kids? Click to see The Artful Parent archive for the entire category!
And if you’re looking for a particular activity, use the search field in the right sidebar of the site.
Pin It for Later