Here are our favorite drawing game ideas that encourage creativity and connection with you and your kids. Try one or a few today!
Updated April 2023
Art games are the best. They are fun, they are creative and connecting, but they are also easy to fit in whenever and wherever.
So whether you are waiting for food at restaurants, sitting in the doctor’s office, or on a long road trip, art games are a must have.
Here are a few of our favorite kids’ art games.
Drawing Games for Kids
1. Back-and-Forth Drawing Game for Kids
Take turns adding to a collaborative drawing. This is one of our favorite art games for restaurants and waiting rooms.
We also do a version of this game with mandalas.
2. The Scribble Drawing Game
Players use a quick scribble as a drawing prompt. Does the scribble remind you of a duck, a face, a castle? This is our other favorite drawing game for restaurants and waiting rooms.
3. The Exquisite Corpse Drawing Game
People take turns drawing sections of a human body, passing the covered drawing to the next person, and adding to the next drawing. A great game for a group of family and friends that works well with mixed ages.
4. Simon Says, Draw!
A fun, interactive drawing activity for kids and families. Simon says, “draw circles,” and the artists each draw circles. Simon also says things like, “trade pastels,” “draw dots,” and “draw a face.”
We also play a version of this with autumn leaves in the fall.
5. A Quiet-Time Art Game for Children
A way to connect one-on-one with a child and also a low-key way to encourage his or her drawing.
6. How to Play the Exquisite Corpse Game
Create portraits by trading drawings and adding new features. It’s sure to bring laughs and is a great way to explore creatively together.
7. Double Doodle Art
Double doodle art is fun, relaxing, and a great way to exercise the brain as it uses both sides of the brain simultaneously.
More Fun Drawings
Here are some art games from around the web…
8. Draw with Art Dice (on Tinkerlab)
9. 10 Drawing Games for Kids (on Craftwhack)
10. Elements of Art Memory Game (on Teach Kids Art)
11. TeleDraw (on Mini Matisse)
12. Art Director Cootie Catcher printable (on Crayola)
How about you? Do you play art games with your kids? What are your favorites?
Want More Drawing Activities? Visit the Kids Art Spot where we have a Drawing Workshop for Kids. This online workshop for kids and families features 10 super fun and easy drawing activities, each with a step-by-step video tutorial and printable instructions.
More Drawing Games for Kids
- Double Doodle Art for Kids
- A Back-and-Forth Drawing Game for Kids
- A Simple Heart Drawing Activity
- Magazine Pictures as Drawing Prompts
- The Scribble Drawing Game for Kids
- The Combination Man Drawing Game
Pin It for Later