Here’s a FUN list of 31 Halloween activities for kids that includes Halloween crafts, art activities, decorations, book suggestions, recipes, costumes, and more! Plus, download the FREE printable list!
Updated October 2023
October means autumn is in full swing with fall leaves, sweater weather, pumpkin patches, and, of course, all things Halloween. It’s an exciting time of year, especially for kids.
Since our list of Creative Fall Activities for Kids was so popular, we’ve done the same for Halloween.
Would you like some ideas of creative activities to do with your children this month?
Here’s our list of our favorite Halloween activities for kids and families! Be sure to save or print out the printable version so you have ideas all month long!
31 Days of Halloween Activities for Kids
5 Pumpkin Decorating and Carving Ideas for Kids
1. Pumpkin Painting with Kids (it’s the perfect Halloween sensory activity!)
2. Make awesome 3D pumpkin faces with playdough and poke-ins (you can do this fun activity early in the month and then still carve the pumpkin closer to Halloween!)
3. Try these pumpkin decorating ideas for kids
4. Learn how to carve & decorate a pumpkin fairy house for kids
5. Try this super cool Lite Brite effect for your Jack-o’-lantern
5 Recipes Perfect for October
6. Bake a batch of the best pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
8. Bake teddy bear bread for dinner (or use the bread dough to make monsters!)
10. Decorate sugar skull cookies for Día de los Muertos
6 Halloween Art Ideas for Kids
11. Tape-resist skeleton paintings (full-sized!)
12. Make not-too-spooky drawing prompts for kids with eye stickers (are they ghosts, monsters, bats, Jack-o’-lanterns, witches, spiders, or owls?)
13. Raised salt painting with Halloween themes such as pumpkins, Jack-o’-lanterns, spiders, webs, ghosts, and witches
14. Carve potatoes and make Halloween potato prints
15. Halloween scratch art (an easy DIY method!)
16. Make playdough monsters with poke-ins
5 Spider Arts and Crafts Ideas
17. Make a Halloween spider web from coffee filters (super easy, plus they look awesome in the window!)
19. Zentangle spider webs (a fun tangle art activity for older kids and adults)
20. Make black glue resist spider webs!
21. Try making Halloween spider webs with a marble and paint!
3 DIY Halloween Decorations
22. DIY bat garland (the perfect Halloween decoration!)
24. Create Doodle Tissue Paper Lanterns
3 DIY Costumes for Kids
26. The easiest ever glow-in-the-dark skeleton costume
27. Check out our list of creative DIY Halloween costumes for kids for more inspiration!
4 More Halloween Activities for Kids
28.) Fill-in-the Jack-o’-lantern faces (a Halloween drawing activity for kids)
29.) Make a spooky Halloween fort and drape colored lights on it for evening play
31.) Head to the library and check out some Books about Halloween
To help you remember these fun ideas, we created a printable version for you. (If you missed it, clear your cookies and refresh this page!)
How about you? What are your favorite Halloween activities for kids?
Want even more Halloween fun?
Check out our Halloween Creativity Pack!
This 45-page printable eBook is full of seasonal coloring pages, drawing prompts, games, and art projects.
Pin It for Later