Our corner of the world is blanketed in snow right now and some snow day baking seemed called for. So, I made my (great) Aunt Polly’s Oatmeal Jumbos. They were my favorite cookie growing up and I still love them. Her recipe calls for raisins, but I used dried cranberries this time and cut them into heart shapes instead of circles.
Perfect for this heart-crazy time of year. Or anytime of year.
The Best Cranberry Oatmeal Cookie RecipePrint
The Best Cranberry Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
(Adapted from my Great Aunt Polly’s Oatmeal Raisin Jumbos)
- 1 cup raisins or cranberries
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1. Pour boiling water over raisins to cover; let stand 10 minutes and drain.
2. Mix flour, salt, baking soda, and spices. Add butter, sugar, egg, and water. Work with a wooden spoon until smooth. Stir in raisins and oats. Chill for at least one hour.
3. Roll out on floured surface to 1/4 inch. Cut with floured 3″ cutter. Sprinkle with with sugar. Bake on ungreased cookie sheets at 375 F for 10-12 minutes.
Pin It for Later