Learn how to make butter slime with this butter slime recipe & video. It’s the best! This butter slime recipe uses Model Magic and is super soft & stretchy. Recipe and post by Maia.
I have watched many slime videos and tried many different recipes of my own. Some were way too hard, some got really sticky after about a day (too much lotion). Some just dried out a lot after a couple days of playing with it (too much borax).
This time though, I think I’ve created the perfect butter slime recipe. I hope you have fun and that this recipe works for you as well as it worked for me. :)
First, here’s a video tutorial showing how to make butter slime.
And here’s the butter slime recipe and step by step instructions.
The Best Butter Slime Recipe
Butter Slime Ingredients
- 1 large bottle of white Elmer’s School Glue (7.6 ounce bottle of PVA glue)
- 1 heaping cup + heaping ¼ cup of shaving foam*
- ⅛ cup of contact solution
- 6 little packets of Model Magic (about 3 oz total)
- Scant tablespoon of lotion
*We all call it shaving cream, but make sure to buy the FOAM kind rather than cream or gel.
How to Make Butter Slime
Step 1. Mix glue and shaving cream
Squeeze a large bottle of white Elmer’s School Glue into a medium bowl.
Add 1 and a 1/4 heaping cups of shaving foam. Mix thoroughly.
Step 2. Stir in contact solution
Add 1/8 cup of contact solution and stir. The mixture will come together, become more rubbery, and begin to pull away from the sides of the bowl. (See the video!)
Step 3. Knead (a lot)
Knead and pull with hands until not as sticky (add a bit more shaving cream if necessary).
Step 4. Knead in Model Magic
Add 3 ounces of model magic in your desired colors.
Poke and knead, stretch and pull until thoroughly mixed.
Step 5. Add lotion
Make a dent in middle of your butter slime and add a scant tablespoon of lotion. Mix until fully incorporated.
Store in an airtight container.
Now it’s time to play!
6 Fun Ways To Play With Butter Slime
- Spread it with a knife
- Smash it with a fork
- Poke and knead it with your hands
- Stretch and pull it
- Bury end the end of a straw in the middle of slime, pinch where straw is and blow to make a bubble
- Make a bubble with your hands by stretching the butter slime up and out then quickly dropping the top like a parachute (see video demonstration)
Slime Removal Tip: For that certain someone in your family who the slime loves so much that it doesn’t want to let go, grab a little bit of slime and quickly dab at the slime-y area until it all comes off.
Warning: do not get near clothing, blankets, or carpets.
For a different, but cool, texture, mix 1 part butter slime to 1 part model magic.
More Great Slime Recipes to Make
- Rainbow Fluffy Slime Recipe
- 5 Fluffy Slime Recipes to Try
- Ultimate Slime (a book of 100 slime recipes by Alyssa Jagan)
Pin It for Later