Learn how to make butter slime with this butter slime recipe & video. It’s the best! This butter slime recipe uses Model Magic and is super soft & stretchy. Recipe and post by Maia.
Updated January 2021
I have watched many slime videos and tried many different recipes of my own. Some were way too hard, some got really sticky after about a day (too much lotion). Some just dried out a lot after a couple days of playing with it (too much borax).
This time though, I think I’ve created the perfect butter slime recipe. I hope you have fun and that this recipe works for you as well as it worked for me. 🙂
First, here’s a video tutorial showing how to make butter slime.
And here’s the butter slime recipe and step by step instructions.
The Best Butter Slime Recipe
Butter Slime Ingredients
- 1 large bottle of white Elmer’s School Glue (7.6 ounce bottle of PVA glue)
- 1 heaping cup + heaping ¼ cup of shaving foam*
- ⅛ cup of contact solution
- 6 little packets of Model Magic (about 3 oz total)
- Scant tablespoon of lotion
*We all call it shaving cream, but make sure to buy the FOAM kind rather than cream or gel.
- Mix glue and shaving cream
Squeeze a large bottle of white Elmer’s School Glue into a medium bowl.
Add 1 and a 1/4 heaping cups of shaving foam. Mix thoroughly.
- Stir in contact solution
Add 1/8 cup of contact solution and stir. The mixture will come together, become more rubbery, and begin to pull away from the sides of the bowl. (See the video!)
- Knead (a lot)
Next, knead and pull with hands until not as sticky (add a bit more shaving cream if necessary).
- Knead in Model Magic
Add 3 ounces of model magic in your desired colors.
Poke and knead, stretch and pull until thoroughly mixed.
- Add lotion
Make a dent in middle of your butter slime and add a scant tablespoon of lotion. Mix until fully incorporated. Store in an airtight container.
Now it’s time to play!
6 Fun Ways To Play With Butter Slime
- Spread it with a knife
- Smash it with a fork
- Poke and knead it with your hands
- Stretch and pull it
- Bury end the end of a straw in the middle of slime, pinch where straw is and blow to make a bubble
- Make a bubble with your hands by stretching the butter slime up and out then quickly dropping the top like a parachute (see video demonstration)
Slime Removal Tip: For that certain someone in your family who the slime loves so much that it doesn’t want to let go, grab a little bit of slime and quickly dab at the slime-y area until it all comes off.
Warning: do not get near clothing, blankets, or carpets.
For a different, but cool, texture, mix 1 part butter slime to 1 part model magic.
More Great Slime Recipes to Make
- Rainbow Fluffy Slime Recipe
- 5 Fluffy Slime Recipes to Try
- How to Make Slime Creations for Kids (with Loose Parts)
Pin It for Later