Window drawing and washing

WindowDrawing02

A few photos from our weekend… Daphne drawing on the window with window crayons (over one of Maia's window drawings).

WindowDrawing09

Maia approaching while looking at the world through a prism.

WindowDrawing10

A sisterly moment.

WindowDrawing15

Washing away the drawings together.

WindowDrawing18

She asked to wash the windows!

WoodValentine By the way, take a look at this unique valentine made by stringing yarn around nails hammered into a heart shape! My friend Doug is selling the kits to make these in his Etsy shop. He helped his two boys make them as Valentine's gifts for his wife last year. They still hang on their wall! I love them and love the idea. Love the product and the process!

Comments

Thanks for reminding me to pull out our window crayons and markers again. So much fun! Although I’m kind of afraid to let my youngest daughter use them for fear that she won’t understand the difference between drawing on windows and drawing on walls…

Actually, not so well. They wash off the windows great, but not off the wood as well. I figure we’re probably going to be repainting everything in a few years so I don’t worry about it too much.

3. Carrie says

I have used them and they come off painted trim alright and wood a little less ok. If you get a magic eraser it works better.

I was wondering how these window crayons actually worked! I saw them in the dollar store the other day but decided to read some reviews before I bought them! Your girly looks like she’s had a blast. Will have to go back for them tomorrow!

They look so sweet together! That’s a great idea, letting them use window crayons, because it lets out their creative side. What’s even better is that you indirectly teach them about being responsible by letting them wash away the drawings altogether.

They sure look sweet in the pictures, Raphael. :) What a milestone to cherish. It’s okay to let the children clean the windows as long as they do the job well. Just watch over them, Jean! :) I’m happy to see children helping their parents at such a young age.

I love, love, LOVE your blog!
    My little one (1.5 years old) has been drawing and painting on our giant sliding glass doors, refrigerator, and white kitchen cabinets.
    So far, he has used regular crayons, oil pastels, water colors, markers.
    And it all comes off really easily with a magic eraser. (Sometimes I wet the eraser first.)
    And he loves to clean these surfaces himself!