Here’s an easy way for how to make a suncatcher using flowers or leaves on sticky contact paper with a paper plate frame.
Updated March 2023
One of our favorite suncatchers to create is a nature suncatcher with contact paper, flower petals and leaves. The options are endless, and you can make them in any season!
Simply gather whatever nature materials are growing in your yard or garden and use them to create a lovely arrangement on sticky contact paper. A simple paper plate creates the perfect frame for your suncatcher!
Here’s a video showing Nature Suncatchers in action! And keep scrolling to see how you can make your own, all year long.
How to Make a Suncatcher
- Paper plates (the thin kind)
- Transparent contact paper
- Flowers and leaves (whatever is in season!)
- Hole punch
- Create your suncatcher frame
Begin by making a frame for your suncatcher by cutting a hole in the center of a paper plate.
Next, use the paper plate frame to draw a circle on the contact paper. The circle on the contact paper should be about a half an inch larger than the hole in the frame, so that it will fit the opening and stick to the plate.
- Press flower petals and leaves to the contact paper
Arrange flower petals, petal pieces, and leaves in any design you like.
- Finish and hang the suncatcher
Add another circle of contact paper over the top to protect and hold the design in place.
Punch a hole at the top of the frame and tie a loop of string for hanging. Then find a sunny window and hang your suncatcher!
We love using the colors, patterns, and shapes of flower petals and leaves to make fun images to hang in the window.
Fall Nature Suncatchers
Try these suncatchers using the leaves and colors of Autumn!
- Make Autumn Leaf Suncatcher with Paper Plates
- Make an Autumn Leaf Bunting with Leaves & Wax Paper
- Autumn Leaves Craft: a Stained Glass Window
Spring and Summer Nature Suncatchers
Take advantage of the blooms that Spring and Summer bring to make these fun and easy suncatchers.
- Make a Flower Mandala Suncatcher
- A Flower Petal Stained Glass Door
- Make A Magical 3D Nature Suncatcher With A Cardboard Box
- Easter Egg Suncatcher Craft with Flower Petals
More Suncatcher Crafts for Kids
And you don’t just have to use flowers and leaves to make lovely suncatchers!
- Tissue Paper Suncatchers in Embroidery Hoop Frames
- How to Make Sticky Snowflakes for Kids
- Stained Glass Bunting
- How to Make Melted Bead Suncatchers
Pin It for Later