These Easter egg drawings are simple, fun, and interactive.
This activity combines two of our favorite kids’ art games with an Easter theme ::
Plus the end results are so pretty!
Here’s how we do this…
Back-and-Forth Easter Egg Drawings
- Any drawing tool (we’ve done this with markers, pens, pencils, crayons, and oil pastels)
- Watercolor paint (optional)
Basically, what you do is start by drawing a large Easter egg on a sheet of paper.
Then one person adds a band of decoration to the top of the Easter egg with their drawing tool.
Pass the drawing to the second person, who chooses a different color and draws another band of decoration below the first.
Pass the drawing back to the first person, who picks another color and draws the next band of decoration.
Continue to go back and forth between the two people until the Easter egg is completely decorated.
We’ve done this quite a bit, at home and out waiting at restaurants and in the car. We’ve done it with markers in sketchbooks and with oil pastels and watercolors on watercolor paper (as in these photos).
- You can also have a couple of Easter egg drawings going back and forth at the same time so each person always has one to work on.
- Or, if you have more than two people, you can go around in a circle. Have everyone pass their drawing to the person on the left, for example, after adding your decoration.
More Easter Art Activities
You can take any art activity or technique that you like, such as printmaking, painting, or drawing, and make it an Easter art activity by using Easter themes and colors.
- Styrofoam printed Easter eggs
- Double doodle some Easter eggs and Easter bunnies
- Regular back-and-forth Easter drawings
- Try monoprinting with an Easter theme
- Make “stained glass” Easter egg art with this technique
- Salty watercolors would make fun Easter art
Want more Easter arts and crafts activities to do with your kids? Click here to see my Artful Easter Activity Pack with 10 fun printables for kids, including DIY mini baskets, suncatchers and collages, egg decorating ideas, and more!
Pin It for Later