Hello, my friends! It’s time for my annual year-in-review post!
I’ll start with the news-y stuff then segue over to the list of top blog posts from 2014…
It’s been a good year overall. A generally quiet year with more happening behind the scenes than on the blog itself (besides lots of posts!).
- A year in which my kids and I discovered the joys of magnetic tiles, light tables, and water beads (love, love, love)
- A year in which I migrated The Artful Parent from Typepad to WordPress (one of the best things I’ve done for my blog).
- A year in which my kids art book continued to inspire parents and teachers around the world to prioritize children’s art and creativity (yay!)
- A year in which my Artful Year eBook series was transformed into a traditionally published book (out soon!).
- A year in which I turned 37 and my kids turned 9 and 5 (where did the time go?!)
- A year of poor physical and emotional health for me (not so good) leading up to some big changes this last month or two (great!).
- A year in which the blog readership has grown to almost a million pageviews a month (wow).
- A year in which my Facebook and Pinterest pages grew to 170,000+ readers and 110,000+ people respectively (wow again).
- A year in which I joined Instagram (fun).
- A year in which I finally got into a regular and enjoyable rhythm with my weekly newsletter, the ARTletter, and shared personal notes, unique content, and seasonal ideas with 26,000+ subscribers.
Now, without further ado, here are the top 10 posts of this past year in terms of popularity…
I should note, though, that The Kids Art Directory remains the most popular destination on The Artful Parent by far.
The Artful Parent Best of 2014
Top 10 Posts from 2014
1. 21 Ways to Display Kids Artwork
2. The Best Kids Board Games and Card Games
3. 101 Handmade Gift Ideas Kids and Families Can Make
4. A Glue Resist Art Project for Kids
5. 11 Salt Dough Ornaments Kids Can Make
6. How I Finally Learned How to Use My DSLR Camera
7. 7 Watercolor Techniques for Kids :: Experimenting
8. The Best Kids Science Experiments to Try at Home
9. What to do with Water Beads
10. Shaving Cream Marbling with Liquid Watercolors
And here are the top 10 posts from years past that remained popular in 2014 ::
More Top 10 Posts (that were published in previous years)
1. How to Make Melted Bead Suncatchers
2. Melting Ice Science Experiment with Salt and Color
3. 35 Homemade Art Materials Kids Can Make
4. The Best Cherry Pie Recipe Ever
5. The 25 Best Kids Art Materials
6. The Best No Cook Playdough Recipe
7. 89 Indoor Activities to Keep Your Kids from Bouncing off the Walls this Winter
8. Shaving Cream for Kids :: 67 Ideas for Art, Play and Learning with Shaving Cream
9. Playdough Ideas for Kids :: 39 Ways to Learn and Play with Playdough
12. How to Encourage Drawing Skills, Confidence and Creativity in Young Children
A question for you… Which of these are your favorites? Which posts have inspired you and your family?
Pin It ::