A Sticker Art Collage

Sticker Art Collage with Geometric Stickers

I started by saying I wouldn't turn this blog post into a rant about AT&T. But I had to delete that statement. No matter how I started, I kept fuming about AT&T. So, I guess I just need to get this off my chest. When we decided to nix our land line and just use cell phones, AT&T shut off our internet connection as well by mistake. A mistake I can understand, but why it needs to take almost a week to turn it back on, I can't. Argh!!!!

Sticker Art Collage with Geometric Stickers

Okay, breathe deep. On to sticker art… Daphne and Maia both have been enjoying working with these geometric shape stickers.

Sticker Art Collage with Geometric Stickers

Daphne enjoys the pure process of getting the stickers off the sheet (she needs help sometimes; I bend the sheet back for her so the edges of the sticker pop up and she can grab it), feeling the stickiness on her fingers, and transfering it to the paper.

Sticker Art Collage with Geometric Stickers

I love watching her concentrate on each step of the process. This truly is a child's work.

Sticker Art Collage with Geometric Stickers

While Daphne's sticker art is purely abstract (see the photo at the top of the post), Maia arranges hers into cars (above), rainbows, and pattern designs. I really like seeing the two approaches and developmental stages side by side! And having abstract stickers instead of princesses and cute puppies opens up the creative potential for the activity.

And now that I've checked in here with an overdue blog post, I suppose I really must confront my e-mail…

Note Some links in this post may be affiliate links. I only use affiliate links for products we use and love. If you follow an affiliate link and place a purchase, I will receive a small percentage of the sales price and will send you virtual hugs.

Comments

I here your frustration. I went through similar frustrations recently with Comcast (our internet and telephone service provider). We were without both for two entire days. Torturous!!
    I like Daphne’s sticker arts. :)

2. Kathy says

We love those stickers in our house, too. Must get some more. We got ours at Discount School Supply. Is that where you got yours?

I think all of the internet and phone company providers are in cahoots with each other to make us all crazy because they know we don’t have any other choices! I go crazy and say things I shouldn’t in earshot of my kids whenever I have to deal with Verizon! : )
    The shape stickers look like a blast, my girls would LOVE them.
    xoxo
    MaryLea

4. Mary says

If you peel the excess sticky paper from the sheet, only the actual stickers remain on sheet, it will allow for even more independence from little D. It is easier for the little ones to peel the stickers off this way themselves.

We only ever had cell phones through Sprint, but decided to add internet only through ATT. I completely forgot that our elderly uncle who shares our property has ATT. I got one weird message asking if this was a second line, but whenI called back twice to check, no one knew what I was talking about and we assumed it was a wrong number until the uncle lost his phone service. They then couldn’t process the internet order OR turn back on the uncle’s phone! They had to re run the entire line, run his as a second line, redo all the billing! UGH! My mistake for not realizing my internet would be a second line, but once I called back about the weird message, they should have been able to figure it out. Its fixed now, but took forever to get it worked out.

Daphne is so, so precious! What a lovely progression, watching her change from a baby to a little girl on your blog! (I mean, I come for the art stuff, but the cute cute kids are a bonus.)

7. monica says

How cute, I love your photos and think your children ARE creating art. Are the stickers removable and reusable?

8. Jodie says

I was going to make the same comment! When I taught 3 year olds I would do that often! Now with 4-5 year olds they are old pros and don’t need that. It is the must helpful thing ever and enables the “no I can do it” frustration to disappear.

Nope, these aren’t removable stickers. We had something like that when I was a kid, though, but I forget what they were called. They were kind of plastic-y. Anyone know?

10. Padma says

We used Avery removable/repositionable stickers to create borders on pages and glued them around pictures as frames…they came in a few different shapes and some in neon colors. Had bought them in Staples…Beautiful pics Jean

The world is no longer easy to navigate, and no longer do real humans work to solve problems. It’s a strange, strange time. And Yet!!!>… here is sticker art to prove that we have not lost touch with what is important.

12. Barbara Zaborowski says

They are called Colorforms, Jean. How very odd, since I was just looking for these online earlier tonight. (They are excellent small motor exercise.) They are still available.

13. Tamrah T. says

Daphne really looks like she was enjoying those stickers :) Here’s one more thing she might enjoy…post it notes. I used to give them to my children when they were younger. Post it notes come in all shapes, colors and sizes. Could be fun for Maia, too :)