Here are some of our favorite Christmas sensory bins for kids. Inspire fun and festive creative play all month long!
Updated September 2022
There are so many reasons to love sensory play! It is incredibly important for brain development in small children, as well as fine motor skills development. And it is so much fun for kids to dig in and play!
Here is a roundup of some of our favorite Christmas sensory play ideas for toddlers. And we bet your big kids will have a blast exploring these play ideas, too!
Christmas Sensory Bins
1. Hot Chocolate Sensory Bin from Makers
This hot chocolate sensory bin is almost as cozy as a mug of the real thing! Kids will love scooping up ingredients and pretending to make their own warm drinks.
2. Winter Spice Bin from Makers
This sensory bin of oranges, cranberries and dried spices will not only be fun for toddlers to scoop, but it will also make your house smell wonderful all day long!
3. Playdough Christmas Tree from CreationSpace
Give your child a chance to decorate their own tree over and over again with some green playdough and lots of bright sparkly ornaments!
4. Playdough Gingerbread Family from CreationSpace
We think kids will love this open ended playdough invitation. Roll and cut out gingerbread cookies, add some spice––and don’t forget to decorate them too. Then, start all over again!
5. Reindeer Salad from U Ready, Teddy?
It’s not just Santa who needs a snack! We love this idea of making reindeer salad from all of the seasonal greens and berries found around this time of year.
6. Christmas Water Beads from Coffee and Spit Up
If you’re looking for something new to try with water beads, providing your child with some scoops and containers is sure to provide lots of entertaining sensory play.
7. Christmas Train Sensory Setup from Red Violet Studio
We love this cozy winter scene and think kids will enjoy setting up and chugging trains through a wintry forest railroad in some baking soda “snow”!
8. Christmas Pom Poms and Diggers from CreationSpace
For the construction vehicle lovers out there! Load those diggers up with pom poms, beans, and little Christmas trees for fun work!
9. Festive Pom Pom Find and Push from Sandy Toes & Messy Hands
Here’s a creative way to use your covered paint cups––and it’s great practice for your child’s fine motor skills, too. Kids can use the tongs to pick up pom poms and transfer into the cups.
10. Cranberry, Orange, and Rosemary Water Table from Little Mainer Art Studio
If your child loves playing with water (what child doesn’t?!) then add some seasonal fruit and greens for a super easy and aromatic experience.
11. Christmas Tree Sensory Puzzle from Appley Ever After
Put all of those Amazon boxes to use with this sensory puzzle! Invite kids to fill in the different spaces with any festive items you have and make a beautiful mosaic-like design.
12. My Favorite Color is Christmas Lights Color Sorting from Appley Ever After
This colorful holiday sensory activity is perfect for children learning their colors. Scoop and match colored rice and beans into the matching Christmas lights!
We hope you are inspired to try some of these fabulous and festive ideas! Be sure to tag #theartfulparent with your Christmas sensory play ideas for kids!
More Sensory Bins for Kids
- Why Sensory Play is Important & 10 Sensory Bin Ideas for Kids
- How to Make Aquafaba (A Taste-Safe Sensory Play Material for Kids)
- 10 Fall Sensory Play Activities for Kids (+ Taste Safe Too!)
Looking for even more holiday crafts for your family? Check out our Holiday Arts and Crafts bundle from the Kids Art Spot! 12 fun holiday activities, each with a step-by-step video tutorial and printable instructions, plus 12 fun and festive drawing invitations to encourage your kids to think and draw creatively.
Pin It for Later