It can be hard fitting creativity into a busy family schedule, but here are 7 ways to make time for art in your daily routine!
Updated May 2022
We know how busy life can get. And we know how hard it can be to fit art and creativity into the family routine.
But you don’t need to feel overwhelmed by the thought of making sure your kids’ lives are full of artful experiences. We’re here to help!
Here are 7 ways to make time for art, in your kids’ lives AND in your life!
7 Ways to Make Time for Art
1. Fit the Art and Creativity to Your Family
2. Remember to Do Creative Activities with Younger Siblings
It doesn’t have to be everyone doing an art project at the same time. You can do art and other creative activities with younger siblings even when the big kids are at school or doing homework.
3. Do Art for Yourself
You don’t have to get the kids involved to justify creating. You can do it on your own, too.
4. Keep it Easy with Simple and Easy Open-Ended Ideas
If the activities don’t require a lot of set up or clean up, it’s easier to make time for them.
5. Set Up and Maintain a Workable and Inviting Art Space
This way they can create what they want, when they want.
6. Try Strewing
Create little art, learning, or creative invitations around the house. It’s so fun to see your children getting drawn in to one of your irresistible invitations.
7. Simplify Your Life as Much as Possible
Declutter, keep meals simple, and minimize after-school activities and commitments.
Basically, let’s just do the best we can to fit creativity into our busy lives here and there, in the ways that make sense. And also think of how to make our lives less busy when we can.
More Ways to Make Time for Art
- 10 Invitations to Create to Bring Out Kids Natural Creativity
- How to Plan for Art with a Kids’ Art Planner
- Why I Like Morning Invitations with My Kids
- 5 Easy After School Art Invitations for Kids
- The Benefits of Arts for Kids
- The Art of Strewing
Pin It for Later