How to take baby steps from the big pile of artwork to a lovely kids art display. Along with ideas to display kids artwork at home.
Hanging kids art is a good idea but one that can often seem daunting.
We are all looking for ways to display the stacks and stacks of art that our kids produce, right?
(We’re also looking for ways to store it and, frankly, wondering how much of it we need to keep and what we can send to the recycle bin with no hard feelings.)
Today, I’m going to share ideas for hanging kids art around your home.
And don’t forget two major perks of taking time to hang your kids artwork: interesting art for the walls AND kids will see that their art is valued and feel pride in creating it.
How to Display Kids Art
1. Frames that double as storage
2. Art Display Wire
Set up an art display wire (1 wire or string plus 2 hook eye screws) and hang children’s artwork from it with clothespins.
3. Turn artwork into a poster!
Display kids art on a poster. Photograph your/their favorite artworks and have artwork turned into an attractive collage poster.
4. Wooden magnetic hangers
5. DIY Art Gallery
Tape the artworks to a wall in an attractive cluster and add washi tape frames around them. Or use wall decals.
6. Corkboard + push pin clips
Hang a bulletin board for each child’s art and tack a few pieces up at a time within that space. This is a super easy way to swap out and hang new art. These small clothespins with push pins would also look great.
Here’s how to take baby steps from the big pile of artwork to a lovely kids art display:
- Choose one idea you want to try.
- Decide where in your house to set up the kids art display.
- Make a list of what you need (thrift store frames? corkboard? hanging hardware?) and start to purchase these items.
- Set up your new display area.
- Choose (or have your child choose) artworks to display.
- Switch out art as desired and as your child creates more.
Which idea or ideas work best for your family or home? Or do you have another way of hanging kids art that is working for you? Let use know in the comments!
More Kids Artwork Solutions
- 4 Steps to Organize Kids Artwork & Tackle the Stacks
- 6 Easy Ways to Store Kids Artwork
- 13 Ways to Reuse Children’s Art
- 21 Ways to Display Kids Artwork
- 3 BEST Tips to Maintain a Kids’ Art Space
- 6 Unexpected Designer-Approved Ways to Save and Display Kids’ Art
- Our Favorite Way to Frame Kids’ Artwork
Pin It for Later