Delicious blueberry hand pies made with fresh or frozen blueberries and a simple pie crust.
- pie crust
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- pinch nutmeg
- Mix the filling ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Roll out fist-sized balls of pie crust.
- Add a couple large spoonfulls of filling to half of each dough circle.
- Fold the crust over the filling and pinch the edges closed with your fingers (or use a fork to press the edges together).
- Use a butter knife to poke a few ventilation holes in the top of the hand pie.
- Brush with egg wash or milk and sprinkle with a spoonfull of sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 25 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.