Muffin tin printing

MuffinTinPrinting1

MuffinTinPrinting2

MuffinTinPrinting3

MuffinTinPrinting5

MuffinTinPrinting6

Fun times with a simple project found in one of MaryAnn Kohl's books.

Comments

1. Teresa says

Hello, I was wondering what age you started doing crafts with your kids? My little girl is 15 months old and I can’t wait to do crafts with her, but I know that she is going to put everything into her mouth at this point. Thanks

2. Kim says

Teresa-
    You can absolutely start doing art with your little one. When my boys were little we started finger painting with baby food that way if they did put it in their mouth it didn’t matter.You can also paint with pudding (make different colors with vanilla plus food coloring). She is also old enough to start using large chunky crayons with–she will put them in her mouth at first, but if you sit and color too she’ll start to mimic you. She’s a great age to start doing things with! Good luck!

3. AJ says

I could see this working for t-shirts. But I would use the tin more like a stamp in this case, as clothing is more likely to conform to shape than paper.

4. Courtney says

Cute idea! You could also add some interest by attaching those foam shape stickers to the bottom of each tin before stamping. :)

5. Homemade says

I love your blog, I found it awhile ago and then I lost it. Today I found it again. I am just 7 months pregnant right now, but I am always looking into how I want to do things and such and I love the projects that you show on here. I had seen one before, do you host art classes in your house for other kids? How does that work, that could be something I would love to do in my area.

6. Megan says

If you use food as paint it’s a good idea to do it after a meal when the little one’s not hungry (I read this in the book Young at Art by Susan Striker). So eating it won’t be the main attraction!

7. lubee says

I’m going to use this idea as a starting point for my students to paint their “Kandinsky” art. Last year I found the idea on deepspacesparkle.com and the kids did a great job tracing and cutting. This year I wanted to use paint. Thanks for the post.

8. Julie says

Perfect idea. I have an old tin we make crayons in that would be just right for this. On the list for tomorrow.

9. Sandykins68 says

I let my little ones use chocolate pudding to finger paint with when they were less than a year old…I gave them paper, but a lot ended up on their tray as well! I also took pictures while they “painted” and I ended up using their creation as scrap booking paper! I added a cute photo of them doing creating their artwork, plus some cute little artist stickers…turned out so cute!!

10. Regina @ Chalk In My Pocket says

Reminds me of Kadinsky! Always a favorite at the art museums with kids – I’ll bet I’ve got lots of smaller items to paint to make concentric circles…waiting for the paint to dry will be a good exercise in patience for my daughter and I both!

11. LEX says

Wow! Those prints are so easy and stylish! I bet they would make great wrapping paper and cards for gifts. Ikea makes molded soft plastic ice cube trays that are in heart shapes–those would make a lovely print for Valentines Day!

12. [email protected] says

Fun! I have a 4 1/2 year old and a 2-year old–which of Mary Ann Kohl’s books would you recommend most?

13. Becky says

Very cool. Do you have any ideas for a homemade drying rack that the artwork could lie flat to dry?

14. Pumpkinbear says

That’s a great project! I look forward to doing this one with all of those gigantic swaths of paper that we seem to have, or maybe even with our old newspapers.

15. Melissa @ the chocolate muffin tree says

Thanks to the inspiration of you and TinkerLab we experimented with printing Muffin tins, Legos, egg cartons, and other stuff!
    Check out my post:
    Printing With Muffin Tins and Legos
    We had so much fun!!!! Thanks to Mary Ann Kohl too!