The best pumpkin decorating ideas for kids! These are easy, fun and age appropriate for both younger and older children.
Updated September 2021
We just bought a bunch of pumpkins, unable to resist the new displays of them popping up everywhere.
So we now have a tableful of big pumpkins, little pumpkins, orange pumpkins, and white pumpkins. Even a few funny-looking knobby gourds!
And since we can’t just leave them alone, here are some of the best pumpkin decorating ideas for kids. Some of the ideas are from The Artful Parent, and some are awesome ideas from around the web.
And the best part: they are all ideas that kids can actually do!
Pumpkin Decorating Ideas for Kids
2. Decorate your pumpkins with feathers and buttons (on TinkerLab)
4. Make pumpkin mummies (on Hands on As We Grow)
5. Take pumpkin painting a step further and make glitter pumpkins (on HGTV) (Note: They used spray adhesive, but you can make this project little-kid friendly by using regular glue, Mod Podge, or paint.)
6. If you have white pumpkins, use a sharpie to make happy ghost pumpkins (on This Crafted Life)
7. Make drip art pumpkins (on The Imagination Tree)
8. Make tissue paper collage pumpkins (on Young House Love)
9. Carve a pumpkin fairy house
10. Try these glow in the dark pumpkins for an extra fun Halloween night! (on Color Made Happy)
Want to make your decorated pumpkins last longer?
Which are your favorite pumpkin decorating ideas for kids? Will you give one of these a try this year?
Autumn Arts & Crafts Ideas & Supplies
Download our FREE printable idea list of 31 Halloween activities for kids & families! Or just check out the blog post with the links. So many fun ideas for Halloween!
And be sure to check out our FALL family fun list in our Amazon store! It includes supplies for fall arts & crafts, autumn toys, Halloween ideas, and picture books about autumn.
PLUS: We’re offering 50% OFF and MORE on our Kids Art Spot Halloween workshops, Fall workshops and bundles. (Sale ends October 31, 2021 at 11:59 pm EST)
Pin It For Later