Land Art for Kids

Leaf flower

I just found out (via resurrection fern) about a great new project called Land Art for Kids. It's wonderful! Like Andy Goldsworthy for kids.

Richard Shilling, a land artist himself, and Julia Brooklyn have written a book, called Land Art for Kids – On the Beach aimed at getting 3 to 8 year olds outside and creating nature art. If you follow the link, you can preview many or all of the pages. It looks like it would be super inspiring for kids and parents alike.

I'm buying the book as a Christmas gift for Maia. (For me really, but I hope she likes it too!)

Comments

We love Goldsworthy and have done several things as a result of his work so I am sure we will like this, too…headed to check out the site right now. Thanks.

I’m absolutely certain that a lake’s beach would be just fine and dandy! I’m looking forward to creating something on the beach with the kids and visiting grandparents!

Oh this is just fabulous, thanks so much for sharing. We’ve done some Andy Goldsworthy inspired work and it was so much fun.

4. Katherine says

Really fun ideas in this book and beautiful to look at too. It has made me think that I should borrow an Andy Goldsworthy book from my local library to look at and talk about with my daughter.

Hi Jean, Thank you so much for the blog entry, I really appreciate it.
    For everyone’s information the main website is http://landartforkids.com
    There are free resources there, ‘how to’s’ and background about land art. The books are not the only source of ideas and inspiration, so please take a look!
    If there is anything you’d like to see, any suggestions you have or if you would just want to tell us about any land art you’ve created with your children, the we’d love to hear about it!
    Thanks again Jean.
    Kind regards
    Richard

thanks for sharing! i just did a unit on andy goldsworthy with my first graders… i would have loved to have this book/website to show them! i am definitely getting it!