Fostering creativity, arguably the most important skill for the next generation, begins at home.
Here are 5 Ways You Can Encourage Your Kids Creativity Today
1. Set out paper that is much smaller than usual or much larger than usual. And pair it with a pencil or some paints.
2. Cut a hole through the middle of a piece of paper, and invite your child to do a hole challenge drawing by including a cup of markers next to it. Or a couple sheets of hole reinforcement stickers.
3. Ask a question that invites or challenges them to try a favorite activity in a new way. Building, for example.
Can you build a house with cards?
How would you build a fort with newspaper?
How tall do you think you could make a tower with playdough? With marshmallows?
4. Send them on a Make and Do Scavenger Hunt.
5. Put a drawing prompt on the chalkboard (or piece of paper/cardboard etc) and see how they respond.