I made these heart applique shirts yesterday as Valentine’s gifts for Maia and Daphne. While they were last minute in execution (and luckily very quick), I intended to make them for quite a while now.
A Heart Applique T-Shirt for Valentine’s Day.
How to Make a Heart Applique T-Shirt
- Plain T-shirt
- extra fabric or old shirts to cut up
- sewing machine
- fabric scissors
- rick rack, ribbon or lace
1. Gather fabric for applique T-shirt
Find any outgrown shirts or fabric you have laying around. The appliques are simply floral knits from old baby shirts that Daphne has outgrown.
2. Cut out fabric heart & sew on T-shirt
I cut hearts from the material and sewed them to the T-shirts, skipping the Wonder Under I often use.
3. Add extra decoration
I added some pink rick rack trim along the edge for extra girly decoration. Ribbon or lace would also be nice.
That’s the heart applique t-shirt! Just a quick show and tell today! Happy Valentine’s Day!
MORE DIY VALENTINE’S DAY SHIRTS
- 11 Ways to Make Your Own Heart Shirt for Valentine’s Day
- Modern DIY Valentine’s Day Shirt
- DIY Heart Doily Shirt – An Easy Printmaking Project
Want more ideas? Click here for 30 Valentine Crafts and Activities for Kids (with Printable List!)
Pin It For Later