Encourage kids’ creativity with these DIY art printables that can be created using materials you have and customized to your child’s interests.
Updated May 2023
Did you know you can make you own art printables for your kids?
It’s true! And something we love to do. You can create something on the fly in response to a current interest or need or situation. It’s customized to the child. It’s easy and inexpensive. And often just uses the materials at hand.
The result is usually more open-ended and can inspire great creativity.
And you can make a page at a time for your kids and see where it goes. If they want more of the same, you can make more. If it seems like they’re ready to move on, that’s okay too.
Here are some of our favorite DIY art activity pages for your family.
DIY Art Printables for Kids
- Drawing Prompts for Kids Using Magazine Pictures
- Easy Art for Kids – Scanned Drawing Prompts (on Picklebums)
- Drawing Prompts for Kids with Eye Stickers
- DIY Picture Frame Wallpaper for Children’s Art (we’ve done this on a big scale as well as on individual papers)
Or check out this printable of the frame art drawing prompt.
- Painting a Map of My Heart with Paint-With-Water
- Make Your Own Paint-With-Water Pages (on Pink Stripey Socks)
You can also combine some of the art activity page ideas above into DIY art journal.
By the way, if you want creative activity pages for kids, but don’t want to make your own, check out our post on 16 Printable Art Activities for Kids.
Want More Drawing Activities? Visit the Kids Art Spot where we have a Drawing Workshop for Kids. This online workshop for kids and families features 10 super fun and easy drawing activities, each with a step-by-step video tutorial and printable instructions.
More Drawing Activities for Kids
- Creative Drawing Ideas for Kids
- A Back-and-Forth Drawing Game for Kids
- Double Doodle Art for Kids
- The Scribble Drawing Game for Kids
- A Fun Family Drawing Activity That Will Make the Everyone Laugh!
- 12 Kids Art Games to Play for Fun and Creativity
Pin It for Later