Looking for creative gift ideas for toddlers & preschoolers in your life? We have lots of recommendations for open-ended building sets and toys, along with puzzles, games ideas––and of course, art supplies too!
This December, we wanted to put together a gift guide of creative gift ideas for toddlers and preschoolers. This is a period in kids lives where imaginative play begins (and takes off)! Play is arguably their most important “work” and here are some of our personal favorite gift ideas to foster creativity in young children.
We are featuring stocking stuffers and creative gift ideas that are open-ended––things like sets to build with, toys to foster imaginative play, age appropriate puzzles for family fun. And of course we didn’t forget to add a few favorite art supplies & craft kits as well.
And although we’re focusing on toddlers & preschoolers in the holiday gift guide for kids, we think many of these gifts can be used for many years as children grow.
Creative Gift Ideas for Toddlers
1. Creative Play Ideas for Toddlers
These simple playsets and small figures are perfect for fostering imaginative play in toddlers. We know several dino fanatics who would love this set of dinosaur figures!
- Melissa & Doug Fold & Go Farm
- Melissa & Doug Take-Along Show-Horse Stable Play Set
- Set of 12 Dinosaur Figures
If your toddler loves to play dress up, check out these different sets (play silks are great for more open-ended play). We already have the Pet Vet under our Christmas tree!
For the music lovers in your family, maracas and jingle bells are the perfect instruments to get young kids started on their musical journey.
2. Art & Crafts Ideas for Toddlers
These arts & crafts kits will provide countless opportunities for getting creative this winter!
- Kid Made Modern First Arts & Crafts Library
- Kid Made Modern First Painting Collection
- Do-A-Dot Markers
- Melissa & Doug Farm Animal Stamp Set
3. Building Sets for Toddlers
If your child loves to build, check out these different options for blocks. We think the City Building Blocks are perfect for both building AND playing pretend.
4. Games & Puzzles for Toddlers
Here are some beautiful games and puzzles for children, and we added in a tumbling mat to help get out that energy!
5. Stocking Stuffers for Toddlers
We are big fans of creative stocking stuffers! Here are some little gift ideas to tuck into your child’s stocking!
- Big Animal Stickers
- Little Animal Figures
- Kwik-Stix Solid Paint Sticks
- Beeswax Crayon Blocks
- Set of Little Diggers
Creative Gift Ideas for Preschoolers
1. Creative Play Ideas for Preschoolers
We love tools that allow preschoolers a chance to help out around the house! Here are some ideas for pretend play that also help kids build real skills at the same time.
- Children’s Baking Kit
- Pizza Prep Kit and Chef Hat
- Woodworking Tool Belt
- Food Prep Tools: Mini Whisks, Knives, and Chopper
- Astronaut Costume
A drum or ukulele are the perfect addition to your musical library (which may already feature maracas and jingle bells)! We think these make great gift ideas for your music loving child.
2. Art & Crafts Ideas for Preschoolers
Try one of these arts & crafts kits or kinetic sand for sensory play for your child. And if you don’t already have an easel, this is the one Jean’s girls used for years. It’s height adjustable and allows kids to paint & draw in an alternative way.
- Faber-Castell Learn to Watercolor Set
- Faber-Castell Create with Clay Dinosaur Kit
- Melissa & Doug Easel
- Kinetic Sand
3. Building Sets for Preschoolers
These building sets are all so different, and yet all so much fun for everyone! LEGOs are a huge hit with kids and preschoolers are a great age to start off with the LEGO classic set. And don’t forget train tracks along with fun setups and Magnatiles or Picasso tiles provide hours of creative play.
- Brio Farm Railway Set
- Picasso Tiles
- LEGO Classic box
4. Games & Puzzles for Preschoolers
These games and puzzles are both beautiful AND great for helping your preschooler develop problem-solving skills.
- I Never Forget a Face Memory Game
- Wooden Pattern Puzzle
- Bird Bingo
- Tiny Polka Dot Game
- Wooden Alphabet Puzzle
5. Stocking Stuffers for Preschoolers
We think these stickers, little notepads and art supplies from some of our favorite businesses make awesome stocking stuffers!
We hope you enjoyed this toddler and preschooler gift guide; we sure had fun making it! Leave a comment below with your favorite creative gift idea for young children.
More Creative Gift Ideas
- The Last-Minute Stocking Stuffer Shopping Guide
- Creative Gifts for Kids Who Love To Build
- Even More Stocking Stuffers for Kids
Pin It for Later