Looking for some fun, engaging, and screen-free activities for your kids? Here’s a list of our favorite creative indoor activities for kids that are sure to keep children busy and parents sane.
Updated December 2022
Sometimes the winter months can feel a little long. Depending on where you live, the weather might be too cold, or too rainy to spend lots of time outside.
If your family is suffering from cabin fever, here’s a list of our favorite indoor activities for kids.
Bookmark this page for those days when everyone is bouncing off the walls!
Indoor Activities for Kids
Wintry Indoor Activities for Kids
1. Colored Ice Sculptures are easy and fun to make. Pop and stack to create colorful ice sculptures.
2. Small World Play with Insta-Snow: Short on snow where you live? Try this Insta-Snow to create an indoor personal winter wonderland!
3. Art and science combine in this Melting Ice Science Experiment with Salt & Liquid Watercolors
5. Make a Beautiful Nature Ice Wreath to hang outside!
For more creative wintry ideas, check out our 13 Winter Crafts for Kids.
Creative Indoor Activities for Kids
6. Play one of these 12 Kids Art Games for Fun and Creativity.
7. Or print out one of these 16 Printable Art Activities for Kids.
8. Spread out a big piece of paper and try some collaborative Scribble Art.
9. Try making some DIY Puffy Paint for Kids (that is actually puffy!).
Indoor Play Activities for Kids
11. We love these Craft Ideas for Kids that are perfect for pretend play. First, children enjoy making the craft, then they can play with it.
13. Squirt some shaving cream into a tray or shallow bin and try a Shaving Cream Sensory Play Idea.
14. Remember the fun of setting up a fort as a kid? We love Fort Magic kits, or DIY forts with couch cushions, too!
15. Make a DIY Play Mat and then break out the toy vehicles, animals, or blocks!
Indoor Building Activities for Kids
16. Make Your Own Magnetic Building Set with Cardboard. Or try one of these 5 Easy DIY Cardboard Toys you can make.
17. Create Colorful Cardboard Tree Sculptures.
18. Try some Toothpick Sculptures!
19. Use foams blocks, pipe cleaners, beads and feathers for these creative 3D sculptures.
20. Try one of these 15 Amazing Clay Projects for Kids!
Indoor Cooking and Baking Activities for Kids
21. Make Teddy Bear Bread! This is an easy and FUN bread recipe for kids.
22. Even if the holidays are over, you can still try one of these 5 Christmas Baking Ideas for Kids!
24. Make the Best Blueberry Muffins for breakfast.
Any other ideas? What are your favorite indoor activities for kids?
Winter Arts & Crafts Ideas
Download our FREE printable idea list of 31+ winter activities for kids & families! Or check out the blog post with the links. So many fun ideas for winter!
And if you want even MORE Winter craft ideas, check out our Winter Art Activities Workshop at the Kids Art Spot, our kids’ art club. You’ll get 10 videos of fun Winter art activities PLUS 10 seasonal drawing prompts!
More Winter Art Activities for Kids
- 31+ Winter Activities for Kids
- 13 Winter Crafts for Kids
- 12 Winter Sensory Bins for Kids
- 11 Creative Activities for Kids
- How to Make Sticky Snowflake Craft
- How to Make Tissue Paper Snowflakes
Pin It for Later