If you’re looking for useful gifts for kids, put together one of these gift baskets of useful items for children: gardening, cooking, exploring, creating.
I’ve praised Imagine Childhood to the moon and back for their quality toys, tools, and useful gifts for kids. Some of our very favorite things come from this special shop (you can read about them here and here and here).
So when they asked me to write a post for them, I said of course.
I decided to put together some themed gift kits for kids containing useful items—the tools of childhood—that I thought would be especially perfect for spring and summer.
You could give these as:
Just ’cause gifts
Spring break activities
End-of-the school year gifts
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Imagine Childhood. All opinions expressed are my own.
Useful Gifts for Kids
I had so much fun putting together this collection of useful gifts for kids! You’ll find a cooking gift basket, a gardening gift, art supplies (of course!), an explorer’s kit, and, since Easter is coming up, a creative Easter basket gift.
A Gardening Easter Basket
Fill this small wooden trug with these useful gifts:
- Set of children’s garden tools (or this set if your kids are 6 or older)
- Kids’ gardening gloves
- A fairytale garden seed kit
- Some garden sprinkles
- A plush baby chick (okay, this one isn’t strictly useful, but how cute is it?!)
- A child-size watering can
- A copy of Roots Shoots Buckets & Boots by Sharon Lovejoy (my favorite family gardening book!) or How Groundhog’s Garden Grew by Lynn Cherry
A Portable Art Kit for Kids
Fill one of these messenger bags with some art supplies:
- Crayon rocks
- A watercolor postcard kit
- Artist trading cards
- Small colorful notebooks
- Secret message pencils
- A kneadable eraser
A Cooking Gift Basket for Kids
Fill this sturdy picnic basket with useful kitchen items:
- The little baker’s baking dish set
- Denim stars apron set with utensils and potholder
- Kids’ baking tools
- A copy of the Pretend Soup cookbook or Baking with Kids
An Explorer Gift Kit for Kids
Fill this backpack with these useful gifts for kid:
- A colorful Klean Kanteen
- A Fundana (a bandana with a scavenger hunt or other nature game printed on it)
- A pocket guide to animal tracks
- Pocket magnifying glass
- A pair of binoculars
- Set of notebooks
A Creative Easter Basket for Kids
Fill a basket with:
- A Hansa plush animal, such as a plush rabbit or a little white lamb
- Silk dress-up wings or reversible silk cape
- Some crayon rocks
- Botanical paints
- A woodland nightlight
- And some Easter candy, of course!
How about you? What is your favorite useful gift for kids? Or what useful gift items have your children enjoyed (and used) the most?
If you’d like to buy some of the lovely high quality toys and tools from Imagine Childhood for your kids, visit their shop here. Or, if you want to check out their selection in a lovely magazine-like format, see their LookBook.
They are a small family run business, have been Artful Parent sponsors off and on in the past, and this is a sponsored post (as always, all opinions expressed are my own).
Here’s what they say about themselves:
Imagine Childhood is a family owned and operated company specializing in earth-friendly goods, craft and activity tutorials and educational supplies that support and nurture the magic of childhood. Our carefully curated collection focuses on products that inspire children to create, imagine, and explore. With an emphasis on quality materials, our toys and tools are made for real kids and real adventures.
Pin It for Later